Tf450, Other/Just Looking in Mechanicsburg, PA

Have property values remained flat in Mechanicsburg PA during the past 5 years?

Asked by Tf450, Mechanicsburg, PA Sun May 9, 2010

If I am reading the Truila Market Trends correctly, real estate values have remaind fairly flat in Mechanicsburg during the last 5 years, yet our recent county assessment is saying that value property values have risen 30-35% since the last assessment in 2004. I am inclined to believe Truila, but why the discrepency?

Answers

2
While Trulia is one link to use to get a "view" of the current market, it is not the best, as Trulia also includes the short sales and foreclosures in the mix. A Real Estate Agent can give you a better picture of the current market through market comparbles, condition of your home and surrounding area.
Web Reference: http://www.howardhanna.com
My property taxes increased from a assessed value of 158K to 189K for the new 2010 assessment. I just received a appraisal indicating my home worth decreased from 195K in 2008 to a all time low of 162K. There are some repos and short sales that have hurt the pricing and those "certified" appraisers that are using that bench mark for there numbers game. The good news for me is I will use the current appraisal to get my taxes lowered and I am confident that sales statistics for the area will show an increase in average sq ft sales cost after the short sales and repos clear the market. Our employment in the area is strong and the housing availability is at a all time high.