auerbachn1, Home Buyer in Ashburnham, MA

Has this property ever flooded ? What does flood ins cost ? What would it cost to change the oil hot water system to a tankless?

Asked by auerbachn1, Ashburnham, MA Thu Sep 6, 2012

This question was asked from…

Have your agent ask the seller. And, check out the FEMA flood risk website.
Hope they are honest.
Flag Sun Jun 9, 2013
Flag Wed Apr 24, 2013
Thanks for the tip!
Flag Mon Apr 15, 2013
Do they have a seller disclosure.
Flag Sun Mar 24, 2013
I just used the FEMA flood risk profiler and it says low-moderate risk.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 6, 2012
The basement is not finished Rosanna, and I am not surewhat what you mean by finishing the attic. You are right it is a great property is in a great location and has some remarkable features. I also am willing to do a showing anytime.
Property never flooded, per seller. Basement is finished. The attic has subfloor ready to be finished (great space.) In terms of hot water conversion to tankless, you can shop around and get prices for the exact kind you want. There are many different kinds and I don't know prices. A lot of space in this house, lots of upgrades and terrific location. Great house! Let me know if you want to see it in person. I would be happy to show it to you. My number is 617-461-5184. Thanks!
I have brought clients to this property and it doesn't seem like it is likely to flood. The basement is dry.
Ever is a tough word to answer. Flood insurance cost will depend on the property. You can use the FEMA Site to educate yourself.

The heat is already gas, so adding a gas hot water tank may be the best choice. You can price those from Sea rs, Lo wes, Home de pot, and from local plumbers. A forced hot air heating system may be more hastle to fit for a tankless than it is worth. There are some pretty good hot water on demand systems that you can research, too.

Flood Insurance may not be required on this property. You can see a FEMA map if you go to their site and search by address. It appears to be in a Zone X.
A single family home would cost approximately $4,000 to convert from natural gas to oil, but could vary based on the home. Natural gas is a great way to heat homes at this point however so you may want to stay with gas. The flood insurance varies based on the flood maps. Let me know if I can answer any more questions or help with this property.