Trutarheel, Home Buyer in Oak Island, NC

General Questions about real estate on Oak Island.

Asked by Trutarheel, Oak Island, NC Wed Jan 26, 2011

We are coming down this weekend to look at vacation homes on Oak Island. Is there any way to tell whether or not the sewer assessment has been paid on a property that is for sale? How have banks been in regards to negotiating the price of a short sale? I know sometimes they can be very tight.

Answers

4
Hello Trutarheel,
Yes, look at the Townships website: http://www.oakislandnc.com under Projects, and Sewer to find the status. Are you working with a Realtor? If so , they should be able to pull the Short Sales on Oak Island and let you know where the percentage that they have been selling at in our current market, as well as confirm the sewer status. If you are in town and need assistance with any questions I will be in around. Good luck in your search, the weather should be a bit better!
Best, Renee Yost 910-269-1128.
I can tell you which properties have paid and which have not. Once we have selected the price you are interested in we can view the properties until we find the right two or three and then determine that the assessments have been paid. At that point we take at least two that you would be happy with and start negotiating the price.
I always say that the "palest ink survives the strongest memory". I use a form similar to what the attorney's use when they are doing a title certification. I identify the property by owners name, legal description,, street address and Tax Parcel # and then I either scan it to email or fax it to the town. They reply in writiing about the sewer assessment, underground utility, water, and street assessments and taxes for whatever years you ask for. My form that I use covers 1999 through 2010. We are open seven days a week at our Oak Island office, as we have been for 30 years on St Patrick's Day, 2011, and would welcome the opportunity to discuss these issues and also the "Working With Real Estate Agents" Mandatory Disclosure on Agency. Margaret Rudd Bishop
Web Reference: http://www.MargaretRudd.com

Sewer assessment information is available on the Oak Island web site. We just need to enter the Property Id # (PID) -- it will show if paid or not and also anticipated completion date and due date if appropriate. As far as short sales, sales over the past 6 months have averaged 84% of final listing price. A 2 properties sold at 100% and 1 property sold at 101%. Currently there are 53 properties on Oak Island that are foreclosures or short sales. Would you like additional information on these? If so, please let me know your price range.

Thank you for your inquiry.