Leslie O'Mal…, Home Buyer in Belvedere, CA

Does 1300 dollars/square foot for a house that needs work sound reasonable?

Asked by Leslie O'Malley, Belvedere, CA Sat Mar 2, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/1078275504-288-Beach-Rd-Belve…

Answers

2
If you are familiar with this property I can see why you would be curious about the price. This home sold in 2012 for 1.75 million back in July! It had been for well over a year. I have not seen the home since it was put back on for $3.4 but I can tell from the pictures and notes that it has been extensively remodeled.
As far as $1300 per sq ft, it is not unusual for a home in Belvedere to get this kind of price. There could have been several reasons why it sold at the $1.75 in 2012 It could have needed major foundation work, hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of wood rot who knows. The $1.75 seems exceedly low of a price for a historical home in such a prime location. More than likely there was was a good reason for it. The home is a beautiful home with a lot of detailing that is typical of that era. It was built in 1865 and has beveled glass windows throughout, brass doorknobs,.gardens, patios and amazing views. Not to mention it is right on the water.
When looking at the comparables, current homes on the market, and solds, the price does seem to be at a current value. The listing agents as well are excellent agents who focus in on high end properties and it is doubtful they would take on an overpriced listing.
If you are interested in knowing more regarding this property or any other, please reach me anytime:
Liz Williamson 415 260-3750
Hi Leslie,

Our homes in Belvedere range from unique to extraordinary. We have homes that are under $1,300sq. ft. and over double the price per square foot. Email me your what you desire in a home and I will find it whether it is listed on the MLS or not.

Warm regards,

Miguel A Paredes III
Top Producer 2012
DRE 01790855
FRANK HOWARD ALLEN REALTORS
Direct 415-233-3235
Office 415-899-9228
Email mparedes @fhallen.com