Market Conditions in Keene>Question Details

Elizabeth, Other/Just Looking in New Hampshire

Does anyone know what condo or townhome developments exist within walking distance of the downtown Keene area, if any?

Asked by Elizabeth, New Hampshire Fri Nov 8, 2013

I'm interested in knowing, even if they don't currently have any units for sale.

Hello, Elizabeth:

Yes there are several complexes just off Main St. The Carriage House at 35-37 Church St. is a bricky 1850s building that has been upgraded with townhomes and condos. The only unit now available is a penthouse at 16 Church St. in the Cracker Factory built in 1989 with parking spaces in The Cracker Factory. Then there is the 2009 four story brick condo building at 51 Railroad St. to name just a few. A couple of years ago there were units at the Union Square condos at Union st., townhomes built in 1973, and another duplex condex or two. These sold latter units sold for less than this years sales.

The past year has been an active one for condo sales in the downtown area with five units ranging from 1,010 to 1,770 sq. ft. selling at an average of $156 per square foot, and very close to asking price within an average of 40 days on the market. That tells me you need to be ready to jump.

The only unit available downtown right now is larger, 2,240 sq. ft. and is priced at $136 per sq. ft. which you would expect for a larger than average unit. Selling price $319,000, started at $339,000

Glad to set up a search for you so that you can act promptly when other units come on the market. They do not last long.

Chuck Braxton, REALTOR GRI
Direct: 63/677-2154
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 9, 2013
Hi Chuck, Thanks so much for your detailed reply. It was very helpful!
Flag Sun Nov 10, 2013
Railroad Square is another that is right there, depends of how much of a quality one you are looking for. There is another smaller cost effective one that is only a 1 minute walk at the top of the square also, but ones do not come on the market there very often. I lived in Keene for the last 3 years in the Wright Estates which is a condo development 2 miles from the center of town. If you are ok with that kind of distance, that is truly a great place....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 11, 2013
Thank you James! Just starting to look around at possibilities for the future and to become familiar with what is out there...
Flag Mon Nov 11, 2013
Yes I would be happy to help you. I am a local Realtor. Please call me at 603-689-4685. I spend a lot of my time in Keene. I am Realtor with Remax.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 8, 2013
Thanks Andrew!
Flag Sun Nov 10, 2013