Market Conditions in 46394>Question Details

John, Real Estate Pro in 60612

Does anyone know if real estate market in Whiting is going to improve/worsen anytime soon? thanks

Asked by John, 60612 Thu Dec 3, 2009

Have not decided if I should sell and buy properties in Whiting, Indiana? Is market going to get any worse?

Answers

11
John,

You pose a great question. I would recommend two things...

1. Speak with Gina, the Realtor listed below. She is local and knows Lake County.

2. Follow the news on the proposed tax cap legislation for Lake County. That area, on average, has very high taxes which will affect the marketability of the homes.

I hope this helps.

Scott
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 19, 2009
Dunes,

Could be a newer agent. Doesnt hurt to discuss. We need as many agents and people educated so no more bad decisions are made. People who want to buy and can buy do and those who shouldnt buy now...dont.

Sean
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 3, 2009
Sean

I was saying I did not think he was an Agent and he wasn't.
It does make a difference sometimes knowing if you are talking to actual Agent or not. He did have listings which are not there now....

John came and explained and it's all good but my point was how easy it is to have the Agent tag and listings on a profile as if you are....

I
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 5, 2009
Dunes,

It could be a newer agent. Nothing wrong with someone openly asking for help or info. All to many times do realtors pretend to know what they are talking about and that just does no good.

Sean
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 5, 2009
Thanks John that makes more sense.....Hope you get the info you are looking for
Sean

The whole Advising a Local Agent asking about their market to get an Local Agent to explain the market is just to amusing to me to say anything else.
Thank you everyone for your opinions. First, I apologize, I just noticed my profile stated I am an agent. I am not an agent. I am a real estate investor.
It doesn't bother anyone that they are giving advice on the market to someone who has the Agent tag and Listings of homes for sale in Whiting In...

You advise the Agent to get an Agent? lol
John,

Like Sean stated there is no way to predict what the market is going to do. Looking at what is going on around your current home would be the only way to say weather selling would benefit you at this time. Also, looking at what the market is doing in Whiting would help as well. Also, you have to decide if this is the right time for you based on why you want to move. Are you looking for better schools, and easier commute, lower taxes? These answers could ultimately help you make your decision and figure if this is the right time for you to move. Hope this helps.
Web Reference: http://www.GinaBombin.com
Gee John....

You are an Agent in Whiting and you have 3 lisitngs posted here at Trulia in Whiting and yet you ask,,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess since you don't know you will not be making any "It's a good time to buy comments"

MY ADVICE..Contact a local Agent who knows your market, maybe they can help sell your listings...

Good luck, Dunes
John,

It is like a crystal ball. We dont have definite answers but here are some facts to consider:

-tax credit is extended to april and includes step up buyers which could get $6,500
-rates are low which should encourage buying
-FHA potentially could go up from 3.5% down to 5% down with the latest talks...the fears are FHA could be the new sub prime as people are buying homes with very little down

I would have a local realtor do a market analysis. Take a look at the length of days on market. If it is short, the area is hotter than other surrounding areas. Also look at number of properties listed. Why are so many people moving? If there are a lot of listings and no sales, could be an indicator of price drops or some change that may be coming which makes the area less desirable. For example here in Philly they are debating if the new casino will increase or decrease real estate around it.

Sean Dawes
Web Reference: http://www.SeanDawes.com