Mike Cozby, Real Estate Pro in Albuquerque, NM

Do you think we are on a climb to a better market?

Asked by Mike Cozby, Albuquerque, NM Thu May 7, 2009

Answers

3
Here in the greater Los Angeles area, the low priced foreclosures are selling quickly with many receiving multiple offersw and often selling for over list price. Inventory has declined dramatically. These factors seem to point to a reversal in the recent downward trends. If not upwards, at least there should be a stabilizing of prices.
I am concerned we have a experienced a false bottom????????????????

We will have a decent spring and summer and a possible dismal winter due to David's insight our foreclosure machime is still rolling and it runs about 6 months out?????????
Not yet in Albuquerque. Foreclosures are still rising and you can now get a nicer house in California for $250k than you can here - we have a ways to drop yet. Maybe not as severe as some of those other southwestern markets and it won't drop overnight, but I think we have another 5-10% to go on the west side and another 3-6% on the east side. of town We could also experience a double dip, if inflation kicks in the way I expect it to (and so do many others): http://budurl.com/cfmg

However, I do sincerely believe 2009 is the year to remember as the best opportunity to "move up". If anyone out there is even thinking of moving up in the next few years, do it now! II am buying more myself and telling all my friends and family to refi, move up, or buy that investment or rental now - this is the perfect storm of circumstances to make this the opportunity of a lifetime to buy, just before the perfect storm to make it a bad time (once inflation returns along with pent up demand - household formation has not been put on hold, while building has come to a screeching halt.) I do not know the exact timing, nor does anyone, but don't try to time it perfectly - I am happy to expoound much more anytime, just let me know. Great question for us all to address Mike, what is your professional opinion on this one?