Market Conditions in Camden>Question Details

John Mure, Home Buyer in Camden, NJ

Do you think there is going to be a rebirth in camden?

Asked by John Mure, Camden, NJ Sat Mar 23, 2013

Answers

3
Kim Thomas’ answer
Hi John ,
I can honestly say that while it will take many years because there have been many years of mismanagement and neglect, the city can and will be viable again. There are many new housing initiatives new hi-rise buildings; new condos, investments by Rutgers, Rowan and Cooper Hospital. Also the mayor just announced a new commercial development project that will involve a ShopRite as the anchor store, along with other stores, shops and office buildings. They are currently rehiring police officers and will double the current numbers, putting more police on the street and fewer sitting behind desks. I. Also working with a couple of clients who are looking for buildings to bring their businesses to Camden. So given that there is residential, commercial and institutional development in progress, the crime issue is being targeted, its favorable location near Philadelphia, the Delaware River and prominent suburbs & with great highway access, and given that the current Mayor is serious about turning the city around; my opinion is that Camden can and will come back. I will disclose that I grew up in the city and know Mayor Redd personally, so I may be biased, but I do have hope & a strong belief that Camden can rise and again be a great
city...as Walt Whitman said about
Camden, "I dream of a city invincible."

Kimberly Thomas, Broker-Associate
Brown & Pope Realtors
2105 Voorhees Town Center
Voorhees, NJ 08043
856-308-5989
Email: kim@kimcanhelp.com
Web Reference: http://www.KimCanHelp.com
I have watched Newark and Camden, and actually bought property in Trenton in the 80's when it was said to be ready for the turn around. Sold it at the height of the real estate market for less than I purchased it for.

People won't buy homes if the schools aren't good and they don't feel safe.
I would love to hear more about this. Tagging this thread so I receive the updates.
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ