Market Conditions in Davis>Question Details

Cara, Other/Just Looking in Sacramento, CA

Do you think home prices will continue to decline in Davis?

Asked by Cara, Sacramento, CA Thu Mar 19, 2009

Answers

2
Stacy Nguyen’s answer
Davis is a college town so it tends to hold its own for the most part. You have students that need places to live and parents to buy them, staff and faculty for UCD so it’s one of the more stable city's. Will it keep going down? I don’t know, I do know that there are two new neighborhood developments being built so if the contractors and banks are feeling good about the market that’s always a good sign.
My crystal ball is probably as foggy as yours. However, traditionally, Davis has held it's values fairly well. As you know, you have that no growth mentality in Davis so what buyers sees if what they get. There isn't going to be any competition from new developemnts and there wasn't much growth in the last 5 yrs so you won't have tons of foreclosures like we are seeing in newer neighborhoods. such as Natomos or Wild Wings in Woodland.