Market Conditions in Delmar>Question Details

Sbrosnan15, Home Buyer in Delmar, NY

Do you see the market dropping any more in the next 4 years before prices begin to rise?

Asked by Sbrosnan15, Delmar, NY Wed May 16, 2012

Answers

6
In Louisville, Ky, we believe our home prices are stabilizing and we see some appreciation in certain neighborhoods.
Just remember that all real estate is local. That means that a real estate market in California is vastly different than real estate here in the Capital Region of New York State. The Times Union did a great article about two weeks ago that talked about our market as rebounding. I have been advising my clients that NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY!!! Low interest rates, and the vast supply of listings means that it is still a buyer's market. However, with the average days on the market shrinking for homes on the market in the Capital Region, the market is getting stronger for sellers. If you would like to me email you the TU article, just send me your email address at vfranco@weichertne.com.

Hope this answers your question,

Victor Franco, CBR
Weichert Realtors, Northeast Group
318 Delaware Avenue
Delmar, NY 12054
(518) 506-4589
It is in the best interests of everyone who has money, that the Stock Market and the Real Estate Market steadily rise>

It is in the best interests of the Pesimists that both Markets go down; they can then say that they were right!

Which camp would you rather be in?
In my opinion we are still gently sloping downward, but larger events such as the presidential election will have a large impact, as well as whereever the European economic crisis ends up. Bottom line, no-one can say with certainty what will happen. Base things on your needs, if you need to sell do so, if you need to buy do so; then hope that things work out in your favor.

Tom Brady SFR, e-PRO, SRES GREEN BPOR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
"We treat you like family!"
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
My best guess: Yes. I think we are going to drop for at least another 2-3 years and then we will see an upturn that might happen really quickly. Of course, it depends on international financing and is too big a question, but I say that because of the large number of foreclosures that are still poised to come onto the market.
Unfortunantely none of us can accurately predict the future, nor do we know where the market will head tomorrow or in the days to come. Therefore if you are looking to sell/buy and need to do either/both, no reason not to consider the idea now....