Janet, Other/Just Looking in Florissant, CO

Do you have history over the past several years related to undeveloped land values, specifically in Bear Trap Ranch?

Asked by Janet, Florissant, CO Mon Oct 18, 2010

tracts of land being considered are 20 acres and above without structures

Answers

3
Hello Janet,

Currently there are 6 "realistically" prices parcels of land right around 20 acres in Bear Trap Ranch, with an average list price of right around $70,000. The price range for these parcels is $57,500 - $85,000. There is one rogue property priced at $179,900, however it appears it has a mobile home and a garage.

In 2008 there were 2 sales with an average sale price of $68,250 with a price range of $67,500 - $69,000.

In 2009 there were 3 sales with an average sale price near $75,000 with a range of $64,000 - $85,000.

There have been no sales in the 20 acre range this year.

All lots considered above are right around 20 acres (I searched 15-25 acres for lot size). In this area, lots larger than this are in a separate category altogether. Mixing in the larger lot sizes just distorts value because there can be much more demand for them. The value of the larger lots shows no consistency, as it seems they are worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay. I realize this isn't necessarily what you would like to hear, but it's what the MLS shows.

If I can be of any more assistance, please contact me. Bear Trap Ranch is a beautiful area, and the "slowdown" for sales in the area this year I would attribute to the economy. It's a remote area and the buyer pool is much smaller than in other areas.

Best Wishes,

Kevin Olson
Higher Living Team
ERA Herman Group Real Estate
(719) 799-3686
kevin@liveinsprings.com
Hi Janet,

I do have access to vacant land historical sales data for Bear Trap Ranch. Are you interested in a CMA on a particular piece of land, or are you considering purchasing something in the area, and wondering if now is a good time to buy based on recent values?

Thanks!
email: TomYukman@earthlink.net
Web Reference: http://www.PikesPeakTom.com
Janet

Q&A are open across the US for agents to answer questions. Please, let us know which areas you are referring to Bear Trap Ranch as in state and local region.

Ed Simpson
http://www.FirstREALTORS.com