Market Conditions in Madison>Question Details

Tr3guy, Home Buyer in Madison, NH

Do you have any data specific to waterfront (i.e. lakefront) properties in New Hampshire? I am interested in how prices of these homes have changed.

Asked by Tr3guy, Madison, NH Wed Jan 6, 2010

Answers

4

Each lake and body of water has it's own market. If you need adice about the Conway to Ossipee area, including Silver Lake, feel free to ask me a direct question....
Hello Tr3guy- Good luck with your search. Of course keep in mind that if you need it- financing these kinds of homes can be tough- especially at the lower end of the price scale on the water. Many of these will officially be seasonal cottages- which can be very hard to get a mortgage on.
You may not need a mortgage- so it may be irrelevant. Just a note to consider.
If you want a "regular" mortgage at the best rates, it needs to be a year-round type home with year round road access, and central heat, etc, etc...

Ken L.
I am looking in the Conway area, at smaller lakes/ponds (i.e. without motorboat traffic). For example: Pea Porridge Pond, Conway Lake, Crystal Lake. We are looking for a small vacation home in the <$250 range. It has been difficult for me to find good comps for places on these smaller lakes, so I am trying to aggregate data from small lakefront homes in general to get an idea of where things stand. Also, for clarity, I am looking for owned waterfront (not just access). Thanks for your advice!
The market conditions are going to be region specific and price range specific. I have accumulated stats from all over the state. If you tell me which lake(s), I can give you a year over year analysis.