Market Conditions in 75002>Question Details

Carl Shackel…, Both Buyer and Seller in 36526

Do you find that housing prices may be going up slightly or starting to go up accross the country?

Asked by Carl Shackelford, 36526 Wed Apr 11, 2012

I understand many areas are worst than ever, but generally it seems when beach front property and small energized suburbs in major cities are revialized, that is hopefully a leading indicator for the other areas. I am remaining hopeful the presidential election will stimulate this too.

Answers

4
Lynn911.com Dallas Realtor’s answer
Price of gas of over $4 a gallon much more expensive to build new homes Pre - exiting homes should see an increase in value. New home construction could be less sq ft. in a home

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Carl,
Real estate is very local. In the Dallas area we have never had a housing bubble like in California or Arizona so there's no bubble bursts. Some homes go up in value depending upon your area and subdivision. I'd be more than happy to discuss your personal situation with you if you are planning to sell and/or buy a home and are not currently working with any realtor.

Thank you!
Susie Kay, GRI, CHMS, SFR
Realtor®
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Thanks for your reply!
Flag Wed Apr 11, 2012
Thanks, actually I have listed a house in AL and am living in TX temporarily. I may end up staying here and looking though, and will keep you in mind. The Allen area and McKinney area seemed to good, I have no experience of the rest of Dallas.
Flag Wed Apr 11, 2012
In Southern California, there is strong buyer demand and very limited inventory. We too are seeing multiple offers over asking price on most properties. The good news is that the appraisals are coming in. Hopefully we can continue on this trend.
Thanks for your reply!
Flag Wed Apr 11, 2012
Seems like Cali is kindof a leading indicator to.
Flag Wed Apr 11, 2012
That really depends on the area. I am seeing homes in the DFW suburbs in specific areas having multiple offers about the list price.
Yea, that seems right on. Thanks for your reply.

I guess if you do not have houses in mulitple areas, it is hard to talk about each.
Flag Wed Apr 11, 2012