Monica Harri…, Real Estate Pro in Fort Myers, FL

Do you feel the market is recovering?

Asked by Monica Harrison, Fort Myers, FL Mon Jul 26, 2010

Here in SWFL I feel that our market is slowly but surely starting to recover.

Answers

6
SARAH GARRETT’s answer
In response to your question, "Do you feel the market is recovering?", my answer would be yes. The inventory of homes here in SW Florida is at about a 4.5 month level. This has been maintained for several months now. For example if we add 180 new listings, foreclosures and short sales in a day we are selling that same number or more each day. At this rate by the time season arrives in a few months we will be seeing a definite rise in list prices.

My advice for all of you fence sitter's is that now is the time to do your homework regarding your budget for buying your next investment property or dream home. It is still a buyers market and that will allow you the luxury of setting up your own search criteria and finding that perfect home that meets every need and at the price you want to spend. If you haven't already started then go to the MLS search site below and find the perfect place you have always dreamed of. THIS IS YOUR SIGN! What are you waiting for?

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
Alliance Realty Group
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2010" by Gulfshore Life Magazine
Email: sarahgarrett@argfl.com
Monica,
One thing is sure we are selling a lot for obvious reasons, Low prices and low interest rates and foreclosures and short sales. We are bottoming down and pretty much on a flat line so its the time to buy. With the interest rates and the amazing deals we have a winner's combo. How the market reacts in the next few months before the big season is something to keep a close eye on with your buyers and keep them informed. We do know that markets are cyclical and present buyers should feel very good about their purchase in a few years.
wishing you and your buyers a great season!
Lloyd
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 26, 2010
In Northeast OH, I believe the market has bottomed out. With the fantastic mortgage rates, this is a great time to buy. But, we still have issues in our area. With the strict mortgage guidelines, many people cannot qualify for a mortgage loan. And, some people are concerned about the status of their jobs, as unemployment is high.
There is an article in today's Tampa Tribune that says we have a 9 year homesite inventory;

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jul/27/270011/na-area-has-9…

Kevin Durban
State Certified
Residential Real Estate Appraiser #RD4532
813.335.7400 phone
DurbanAndAssociates@Yahoo.com
http://www.AppraisalsThatWork.com
Monica: Here in Southwest Riverside County, California, our Real Estate is tricky. We have lots of buyers for the homes for sale because prices are way below what they were several years ago. However, we still have job loss and no improvement for jobs in site. So until our jobs increase so that more homeowners can stay in their homes, our market will not be fully recovered.
Web Reference: http://www.soreal.biz
Monica: Yes I do feel the market is coming back and recovering. I have been in business over 13 years and I am seeing a slow but sure recovery. Good luck to you! Chris