Carnelian Pr…, Both Buyer and Seller in 01060

Do any of you know of a good realtor in East Springfield, MA who could tell me typical length of time on the?

Asked by Carnelian Properties, 01060 Tue Mar 25, 2008

market for single family homes in that area? I have an opportunity to do a rehab, but I don't want to get stuck holding it for too long... Thanks!

Answers

4
Lori Cotter’s answer
Cornelian,
In addition to focusing on the "average" days on market, I suggest that you ask an experienced agent for input on things like paint colors, floor coverings and amenities that you should consider putting into your rehab to increase your potential for a quick sell . Be sure your keep your costs at a level to be able to properly priced the home for the area.
Carnelian
May I take your order Please?

You will see a long list of great agents serving East Springfield right here! Momentarily....
I am not one of them.
But if you ever decide to come to Florida. Where we have many great agents. well ..... I could be one of them.
Thinking of that second home or just a hide away from those long winter days ? Yes?
So here is my card and keep it safe.
In the meantime good luck a great agent will come along shortly and sell you the perfect home in MA.
First - I am a Realtor that lives and works in Springfield, Mass.

Second - with regards to the market for single family homes in East Springfield. Buyers are generally "lazy" with regards to the fact that they would prefer to buy a house in move in condition that will remind them of the homes on HGTV. If you leave things like the kitchen, carpets, paint colors, etc for them to pick - they will just move on to the next house. So if you rehab, keep that in mind that you should rehab as close to 100% as possible of the visual items.

Specifically on the stats - in the past six months in East Springfield...
23 houses sold between $100,000 and $149,999 (87 days on market)
8 houses sold between $150,000 and $199,999 (141 days on market)
3 houses sold between $200,000 and $249,999 (50 days on market)
1 house sold between $250,000 and $299,999 (5 days on market)

Just so you know - there are currently 24 houses on the market in East Springfield between $150,000 and $199,999 ~ or roughly 18 months worth of inventory based on the past six months worth of sales. So if this is the range you are looking at than you better make sure you have location and condition in your favor so you are one of the ones that sells in the next six months. Also, do not get greedy. Price the house to sell, not to make a killing.

Brian
Web Reference: http://www.BrianPSears.com
Carnelian,
I'm not from the area, but according to MLS data the average days on market for single family homes in East Springfield over the last 6 months is 93.20 days. Over the last 12 months it's 106.33 days. The days on market time varies per price range, so depending on what type of price range you're talking about it may be a little shorter or a little longer.

Mike
Web Reference: http://www.30Jefferson.com