Market Conditions in Bozeman>Question Details

Rosanna Cruz, Home Buyer in Bradenton, FL

Can you tell me what the average price per square foot is in Bozeman?

Asked by Rosanna Cruz, Bradenton, FL Mon Nov 4, 2013

Answers

6
Jim Applebee’s answer
Hi Rosanna,

As many of the other brokers have stated, it is very difficult to give an average price per square foot value. It is much easier to give that statistic if you have a specific neighborhood, home type, and age of home. Then you would probably get a fairly accurate answer quickly. Best of luck and please reply with any questions.

Jim Applebee
Coldwell Banker RCI Realty
406-579-0839
jim.applebee@coldwellbanker.com
Rosanna;

This is a great question, however, difficult to answer. What is your explanation of an "average" home?
What criteria are you looking for in a home?

Feel free to contact me and I would love to visit, 406-556-5019.
Robin Nelson, GRI

ERA Landmark Real Estate
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 4, 2013
Rosanna,
Price per square foot varies widely depending on where property is located from, or in, Bozeman. There are properties about an hour's drive away that are as low as $25/sq-ft on 10 acres, but they are very rural & non-luxurious. Ones that are on a river front can be as high as $175/sq-ft. It varies widely.
Email me directly (outside of Trulia) if you want click-on links to some examples: mappinglandstosell@gmail.com. If you do that, please provide specifics of what you are looking for.
P.L.S. Tony Novotny, Broker/Owner
Montana Allure Properties & Services, PLLC
Rosanna,
Relying on this number can leave you in deep trouble. A one story home has a much higher price per square foot than a multilevel home. One foundation with one floor of living space will cost more to build than one foundation and two or three levels. Also the quality and finishes make a huge difference. Formica countertops or granite? Plywood cabinets or solid wood? Small, medium or large lot or even acreage? What about views, busy streets, fixer homes versus luxury ones?
New home of old? You get my drift.
Having a figure will not give you a reliable value for a specific home. You need to compare many factors to get this. A great local agent with lots of experience in the market segment you are looking for will be your best way of determining values.
either 1. sell it as a condo where ownership of the property becomes 455/55% inclusive of Lot (which means the offer would be significantly higher) or 2. sell me the condo with access to the garden but no % ownership at all
Flag Wed Nov 6, 2013
Hi Dan, I appreciate your answer. Here are more spefics: I am renting an apartment that is garden level 5 blocks from main street. Concrete floors, very low end appliances, cabinets from the 50s. its about 600 sq feet. More than likely I would need to gut the place. I am making an offer to the owner directly. Care to throw some numbers out? The offer will come with a proposal to convert the property into condos.
Flag Wed Nov 6, 2013
That can vary widely depending on location, amount of land, finishes in the home, etc. It can range from around $125/SF up to as much as $300/SF for a new home in the historic district! Right now, newer homes (2012 and newer) on less than an acre are averaging around $150/SF.
What type of property are you looking for Rosanna?