Market Conditions in Carmel>Question Details

Lisa Carey,…, Real Estate Pro in Tallahassee, FL

Can someone answer some Carmel market questions for me, please? I would like to know how many single detached family homes there are on the market

Asked by Lisa Carey, Realtor, e-Pro, Tallahassee, FL Fri Sep 25, 2009

between $300,000 and $450,000? Also, how many month's worth of supply is that considered to be? What is the absorbtion rate? What is the average DOM (days on the market)? And finally, at what percent of final list price do homes typically sell? Thanks

Answers

5
Hi Lisa,
I just saw your question and I have a brief answer that I hope will sum
up what you need.
Carmel homes between $300 - $450k:
132 Active on market. We expect to sell approx 13-20 per winter month and approx 30 - 40 spring months.
So, figure 3 - 6 months overall absorption at that rate.
High: 6 beds/6baths/ 4,467sf /$450k / $318.63psf / 624 DOM
Low: 1bed/1bath / 1,020sf / $304,900 / $89.52psf / 2 DOM
Avg: 3bed/3ba / 2,822sf / $372,509 / $136.57psf / 107 DOM
Homes are selling on avg at approx 95% of list.

Hope that helps,

Marita Topmiller
Lisa,
Wow! I just saw this...I am sorry you did not get the information you are looking for. If you still need this or more detailed information, let me know and I am happy to get this for you, it takes only about 5 minutes to get this and I keep year over year trends in Carmel via excel that I would be happy to email.

Further, I am a licensed broker in FL too, I practiced real estate in Tampa for 7 years and still work there with select clients. If you want to chat about the changes between the states, I would be happy to help. Further, I can let you know what you need to do to keep your license active in FL while still being an agent elsewhere. Or if you have general questions about Carmel: restaurants, schools, etc. I grew up here and know the area well.

Again, if there is any information, especially MLS specific stats/data you want or need, please do not hesitate to ask.

Jason O'Neil
Hello Lisa,

I am reading your question for the first time. I don't know if you have already spoken with an agent in Carmel. If not, I would be happy to provide you the information you requested. You can contact me via my website http://www.ZentzLinks.com
http://www.bifward.com/index2.html

Call Bif Ward, the most prolific real estate agent in Indiana. She knows Carmel like the back of her hand - every neighborhood. She's top notch. 317-580-7871

Mike Ebmeier
410-336-4806
Recently Relocated from Baltimore to Carmel
Hi to all - I'm so disappointed to not receive an answer to my question. Or even a nudge in the right direction as a professional courtesy. We are moving to Carmel or Fishers soon and I had hoped to find an experienced and responsive agent this way.

If anyone out there is wondering about the same stats, try going to http://www.MIBOR.com. This Indiana Board of Realtors site allows you to find lots of information on your own. I found what I needed there.