Shabana Ghaf…, Renter in Plano, TX

Can i run a family day care with 6 kids in the home?

Asked by Shabana Ghaffar, Plano, TX Mon Mar 3, 2014

This question was asked from… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">…

Help the community by answering this question:


As Jordan mentioned you will need to check with zoning laws for that particular area. If this is not for a home you currently live in, but one you are searching for - make sure to mention this to your realtor.
Best of luck!
2 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 3, 2014
you can But First you have to get permit from City

and a Liability insurance
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 13, 2014

Do your due diligence, since you are dealing with minors whether 1 or 6, contact all the people you need authorisation from.

If you are homeowner, need to contact your home insurance, mostly due to safety, liability and insurance, comply with any HOA bylaws, neighborhood parking, and city ordinance and permits. If you are renting, then first step is definitely to get authorization from your landlord who will have to comply with all the above.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 6, 2014
That would be a question for your landlord as well as someone from the City you are renting in.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 3, 2014…

Here is the website to start looking for the answer to that question. It will be according to the ordinances of the particular neighborhood you are looking to move into. This website will give you answers to your question and a phone number to call.

Thank you for inquiry! We are your Real Estate resource. Call me anytime you have any questions concerning Real Estate. If I do not know I will find it for you.

Jillian Zhorne
Keller Williams Plano
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 3, 2014
Check with the city of Plano and if you are renting, check with the landlord as well.

Susie Kay, RealtorĀ®
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 3, 2014
You would need to check with the local zoning laws and if there is an HOA present or not. Generally speaking, homes that are in HOAs frown on people running a day care business out of their homes or for that matter any business that generates traffic. When a local agent responds, ask them to verify the CC&Rs of the community and ask them to check with zoning and planning commission.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 3, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer