Mahendra, Home Buyer in Los Altos, CA

Can anyone suggest what is the fair price for this home?

Asked by Mahendra, Los Altos, CA Thu Jan 30, 2014

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3144261563-600-Monticello-Ter…

Answers

7
Mahendra,
Yes, we can all make minimally informed suggestions as to what we think a "fair price" will be and the suggestions will be of no value. You need the best local agent who works this market and price range to inform and advise you. The seller and their agent believe $9,000,000 is fair, but what is not clear is what they may accept.
There are no Blue Book valuations for homes. Appraisers can provide very well detailed opinions of value, but the true value of anything is what a willing and able buyer and a willing and motivated seller agree to do business at after exposing the product to the largest possible audience.
Please, find an outstanding local agent or ask us for a referral. Do not base your decisions on second hand opinions or automated valuations. Get a great pro and listen to them.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 30, 2014
A fair price would be what you are willing to pay and what the seller is willing to accept---why not simply review comps with your agent, recently sold similar properties in the immediate area; see what the data suggests and go from there....
How are you doing today?

Is this a home you own or are looking to purchase? Are you already working with a realtor?

I have a large network of trusted agents, and I would be more than happy to get you in contact with someone that is sure to go above and beyond for your real-estate needs!

4802759566
rebeccakallhoff@gmail.com

I look forward to getting you in touch with the right agent!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 31, 2014
Hello Mahendra,

As the others have mentioned, fair price is what a buyer feels is a good price and what the seller will accept.

This is truly a special home for the owner, however, it will take another person to feel the same and then decide if they are willing to make an offer.

Sit down with a Broker and review the sales of similar homes and then decide on an asking price then make that offer.

There are currently 6 other homes with 6,000+sq.ft. for sale in Fremont / Pleasanton, however we can check the south bay and the west bay for another special home such as this home.

good luck,
Brian

.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 31, 2014
Just like Dan said there is no such thing as fair market value.you need local expert realtor who can help guide you in this process.I recently sold home to my buyer in this area on belmont ter.Check the attached link for recent sale in the area.I hope this helps!!!!
http://www.joepatel.com/listings/areas/27936/propertytype/SI…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 31, 2014
Hi Mahendra, I wanted to offer you my opinion but after reading Dan's I agree with him 100% I will however tell you what the recently sold,comparable homes in the area have sold for. 660 Monticello is a 5 bedroom 7 and 1/2 bath 8400 F.S. home and it sold for 3,900,000 it closed in April of 2013. However it was about half the square footage of the home your looking at which has 6 bedrooms and 8 baths and is 16,245 S.F.... Now, if you truly want this home, you should pick a Realtor from the area and negotiate a price you and the seller can both live with. Good luck, Dawn
Web Reference: http://DawnRivera4Homes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 31, 2014
The best approach is to establish a relationship with a local realtor who will walk you through a comprehensive comparative market analysis for the property. At the end of the day, any property is worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it and in these days of freshly minted IPO money, there is a lot of cash available for homes like these, so the sellers are obviously eager to cash in when they can.