Market Conditions in Elgin>Question Details

Buyer2008, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

Can anyone speak to residential and commercial property appreciation in Elgin over the next 5-10 years? We

Asked by Buyer2008, Austin, TX Fri Feb 29, 2008

are thinking of buying there and commuting to Austin. We do love the town! Thanks so much in advance for your feedback.

Lani Anglin-Rosales’ answer
I would certainly recommend residential investment in Elgin- there are many builders offering awesome incentives and if your Realtor is highly connected, they may already have pre-negotiated deals on residential units.

As for commercial, it depends on what kind you are trying to invest in. Elgin is an old town but a new city if that makes sense- if you're interested in commercial investing, the city is certainly growing rapidly and becoming an alternative to the City (especially as Manor fills up, attracting people to Elgin).

I like your long term thinking- you'd be surprised how many people aim to make a million dollars overnight! :) (Sorry for the delay in answering, I am new-ish on Trulia!)