Mehran, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Can anyone please guide me on the cost of design and construction of a luxury single family in Los Angeles ? thanks

Asked by Mehran, Los Angeles, CA Sun Nov 25, 2012

Answers

18
Yeprem P. Davoodian, M.A.’s answer
Depending on design, location, and materials it can range anywhere from $250-$450 per square foot. There are many factors that need to be considered:

1. tear down and rebuild
2. materials
3. location
4. labor
5. permits
6. design plans (architect)
7. timeline
8. mortgage
9. taxes
10. contractor

......and many more things to consider.

Either way, get some professionals in there to assist you with the process.

Yeprem P. Davoodian, M.A.
Hi Mehran.

We are a group of architects and property developers with an extensive amount of custom home experience in Southern California and have a few current projects in Beverly Hills, including flip projects.

Let me know whether you are still interested, we can help you find the property and develop it.

Kind regards,

Scott
Localrippahs@yahoo.com
I can get great designers and estimate costs for you...it depends on what you desire.

I've been in the construction industry 35 years.
Hi Mehran,

It all depends on how luxurious you want to build your home. Pricing can start anywhere from $200 per square foot and up. If you are looking for a nice lot or need some referrals, feel free to contact me at Sharon@LiveInLA.com.

Sharon Hakimfar
Attorney and Real Estate Broker
DRE # 01370644
Neal Grusky, Agent, Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles, CA

HI Mehran,
I have a couple of really amazing lots for sale now in W. LA that are on oversized lots with tear downs on them currently. As you know in many of the high end areas such as Beverly Hills, Brentwood, and Palisades this sort of building has been going on at a much faster pace lately. You picked a great time to get in on this. Give me a call and let me show you some of these properties.

"NEAL KNOWS LOS ANGELES AREA REAL ESTATE"

Neal Grusky
DRE# 01890580
Hpremiere Properties
Real Estate and Financing
10940 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1600,
LA, CA 90024 | Office:
(800) 394-1533
neal@hpremiere.com http://www.nealgrusky.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 25, 2012
Dear Mehran,
You would get better information if you contact a licensed contractor who services the Beverly Hills area and have an estimate done for the property you wish to build. Our estimates will be "good guesses" only.
It varies, but expect to spend between $500 to $600 per square foot.
My previous answer dealt with design fees only. Construction costs will be above $250 per square foot minimum. Much depends on the size of the house you want to build, site you are building on and of course the level of "luxury" you want in your home.
I'd be happy to start showing you properties..I will send you info via email first, once you see something to your liking I can show you the property and that point if you can see the potential we can schedule anther showing in which you will have an architect meet us there to give you a better idea of structure and costs.
Susan Bo'ur
Realtor/Coldwell Banker
Susan@BeverlyHillsLuxuryFlats.com
All in, the cost including engineering will be between 5 to 10% of the value of the home. Why such a wide range? It depends on how much service you request from the Architect. Do you want just a basic "builder's set of plans or do you want a complete set of plans including interior design. Also, how much site work is necessary? How about the preliminary phases? Do you need Planning Department approvals are there going to be multiple presentations necessary. The scope of the Architect can vary widely depending on the answer to these and many other questions.
I can work with you on a design-build basis which generally can allow you to keep better control of your overall costs. contact me cp@parrague.com
Hello Mehran,
I have been working with a company that will give you ideas, help you build and if you like to flip the house that is what we do.
Let me know how I can assist you.
Elahehsal@yahoo.com
I can help you get financing, then find you a place to start building. Call/Text 818-967-9626 or email: caroline.wcli@gmail.com
This sounds like a great project!
I have several pocket listings with great upside potential..including several contacts in both design and construction. I specialize on the Westside.
Please feel free to contact me directly.
Susan&BeverlyHillsLuxuryFlats.com
thanks for some prompt responds ,

i am looking to buy a land ( flat ) or an old property and tear down and build a new building.

I will need to finance the project , but I can contribute up to $1m , i will definitly have a professional designer and contractor involved as i have limited knowledge to manage the project.

I am thinking around 5000 sqf of building , and perhaps on a 10,000+ lot

my ideal location is west los angeles

my first step is to caliber my expectation, and make sure when I can get with my budget in a prime location

thanks
I will be happy to meet and talk with you further. Again, my number is 818-730-8635.
Flag Sun Nov 25, 2012
Having a family member in construction, it is easy to pick up a few things along the way. In Beverly Hills, you're probably looking about $300 per square foot for luxury.. You should contact a few contractors and ask them. Interior design will be hard to quote. Pieces can have a wide range. If you do it yourself, you'll probably have a lower final cost, and if an interior designer helps you out, they usually charge about 20%.

The key is to shop around. Call a few contractors and a few designers and find out.
Good Luck,
Caroline Harabedian
Are considering buying a home and remodeling? You may consider 203k loan?
I send a contractor to estimate the construction? Are you talking about buying a lot and building brand new construction on it?

http://www.under640ficoscoreloans.com/Pages/203K.aspx

http://www.under640ficoscoreloans.com/Pages/ContactSheryl.aspx
Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker – Sr. Loan Officer CA only
REO & Short Sale Specialist
20+ Years Experience
DRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
760-486-4225
Hello Mehran,
First, what part of Los Angeles would you like to build a house? Next, what is your price range for an empty lot to build on? From there, you consult with contactors, builders, structural engineers, and architects to determine what type of house you want to build. Of course, you have to know what kind of construction loan you qualify for, and what the cost of building permits are in the city in which you want to build.
I have two lots for sale in the Silver Lake/ Echo Park area that I can also send to you. Please call me at 818-730-8635 , or e-mail me at rholcwl@pacbell.net, and we can talk further.
Clint Lohr, Keller Williams World Media Center- Burbank.
Good morning Mehran,
This depends on many things..can you tell me what you are looking to do? Do you already have the property? Are you wanting to just remodel a kitchen, bathroom? Tear down and rebuild? An entire wing?
Please contact me directly, I'd be more than happy to assist.
Have a wonderful morning!
Susan Bo'ur
Realtor/Coldwell Banker
Susan@BeverlyHillsLuxuryFlats.com