Market Conditions in 30024>Question Details

Desperate, Home Owner in 30024

Can anyone help. I currently have a 6.125 jumbo loan and cannot refi. My appraisal was just about what I owe on my home. I'm tapping out on

Asked by Desperate, 30024 Wed Jan 25, 2012

cash and Sick of taking money from retirement plans. Current on my mortgage payments but not for much longer. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Answers

2
Sorry Desperate, It reads right there "jumbo loan," so it Harp will not likely apply. Still think you should contact NFCC.org for guidance, but a short sale might also be an option if things move in that direction. Please let me know if things move in that direction. There are professionals in my office who do only that type of transaction, have the connections with the various lenders and can help you navigate the process smoothly.

Solomon Greene
REALTOR® Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners
(678) 775-2677
Hey Desperate,

This is a good question that others probably have but won't ask, so it is good that you asked. I was just on the phone with a direct lender and asked that question on your behalf. What she recommended is that you contact the National Foundation for Credit Counseling at http://www.NFCC.org and ask them about your options. They'll likely suggest that you consider asking your loan servicer about the Home Affordable Refinance Program or HARP (HARP-Mortgage.com), but please contact either them or the Impact Group here in Gwinnett County before taking any other actions.

Hope that helps and I'm sure there's a solution for you somewhere.

Solomon Greene
(678) 775-2677