Gem, Home Owner in New York, NY

Can I get average days on market and avg sales price as % of list price for westchester homes between $1.5-3.0 million original list please?

Asked by Gem, New York, NY Thu Jan 5, 2012

Just tyring to understand what the market is like in that price range-I see homes that have been on the market for years! Not sure if they're just overpriced or what the issue is. Also, does it vary much by town? ue, is Purchase better than Rye Brook is better than....?
Thanks!

Answers

5
Hi Gem, I grew up in Rye Brook and currently live in Rye so I can help you with this info. There were 5 homes sold within the past six months between one million and three million. The average days opn market for those sold listings were 235 days. There are currently ten homes for sale in that range an to date the average days on market are 132. The school districts definitely affect the value of homes, for instance Rye Brook with Blind Brook schools hold different value then Rye Brook with Port Chester Schools. Purchase is Harrison schools, as I'm sure you know but Purchase has lower taxes because of all the big business there. They absorb a large amount of property tax for the area. When it comes to schools everybody will have their own criteria as to what is good and what isn't. Hope this helps.

Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer Representative
Licensed Associate Broker
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
I did the statistics, but trulia didn't like the format. Check out http://activerain.com/blogs/kevrltr
And you will see the statistics for Rye, Rye Brook and Purchase.

Also, remember, buying a house is not just about statistics. I would urge you to visit homes in the areas you are considering. Visit the parks and shopping areas and talk to the people. Buying a home is all about the lifestyle that is comfortable for you.

All the best!

Kevin O'Shea
Associate Broker Coldwell Banker
914.262.1931
Keep in mind that average days on the market does vary by exact location, pricing, schools, size, condition/upgrades, etc.; therefore if you are looking to sell consider inviting a few local agents from different realty companies and ask for a cma, comparative market analysis, see what the data suggests, ask opinions, and go from there. If you are looking to buy, do consider working with an agent of your own; before making any offers review comps, recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, see what the data suggests and go from there. As for choosing towns, keep in mind that it's really a matter of personal preferences, therefore if unfamiliar with the areas of interest do visit more than once; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods....
Thanks Christopher, very helpful. Any idea if these homes have sold at or near list price? From what I see, most had a reducation or two, and market seems down a bit right now, though I'm thinking that's more seasonal than anything?
Hi: I can definitely provide for you a very uniqe style for Comparative Market Value Analysis, which will answer those questions & more for your desired segment. Please call me at my office: 914-273-9688 so we can talk further about it. You can come in (Armonk) & I'll show you how I do it or I can do it for you over the phone. No problem. Hope you're well & have a great day. Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty. BTW, we're looking for more agents & offer a 70% commission split with no fees. If you know anybody who might be interested, I'll pay you up to $1,000 each for your agent recruits.