Market Conditions in Kingman>Question Details

Sally, Other/Just Looking in Kingman, AZ

California housing market everyone moving to Arizona hot market more more people are buying in Az

Asked by Sally, Kingman, AZ Thu Oct 11, 2007

Answers

7
Pauline Roth’s answer
Hi Sally,
I am a transplanted Californian who moved to Arizona several years ago. I live and work in Northern Arizona in the Prescott area and I can tell you it was the best move I could have made.

Prescott is the fourth largest city in Arizona and still growning. It still maintains a small town feel and actually has four seasons, blue skies and no smog! It really helps one undersatnd why people are selecting this area to move to.
Web Reference: http://PaulineRoth.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 11, 2007
Right now we have 120,000 NET new people moving to the Great State of Arizona every year. This number is expected to increase to 160,000 new people every year around the turn of this decade. Of course, many of these people will settle in the Phoenix and Tucson Metro areas, but the rural communities of Arizona will also benefit for many years to come. I agree, our market right now is the quiet BETWEEN storms, and somewhere on the horizon is a return of sellers market in Arizona.
Hi Sally,
Tucson and Phoenix are the fastest growing areas in Arizona. Prices and taxes are much lower in Arizona than California. Both cities are only eight hours by car from San Diego and Los Angles and only a forty five minute flight from Phoenix. We don't have earth quakes and I think many home buyers are tired of living in the "quake zone". Tucson has reached one million people and we have lots of new housing.
Hope this little fact helps.
We get weekly requests from people in California buying to live and invest in the New Orleans area..with young professionals moving in in droves...it makes the nightlife interesting as you walk to a nightclub and see one California, Arizona and Washington state license plate after another.
A very interesting changing world order.
Web Reference: http://www.iansellsnola.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 11, 2007
We actually see a few inquiries here in NJ about AZ. It used to be all about Florida, but the Carolinas, Tennessee, and sometimes AZ.

I actually met someone last week who might want to sell land in AZ they recently inherited from relatives who had relocated from NJ to AZ.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 11, 2007
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
Sally,
For good or bad we have a direct relationship to California and always will. They are neighbors to the west. As population grows in California, everyone from investors, families, to retirees will continue to look at Arizona as an option for a different lifestyle or a lower priced alternative from a housing standpoint.

Uncertainty in the housing market has cooled the migration east, but not for long and not for everyone. I am seeing new families and professionals visiting Prescott for a move and an attempt at a better lifestyle.
I was born and raised here in Arizona and can see why anyone would love to be here in the best state in the Union. So look at it as a pause to the Great Arizona Rush.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 11, 2007
Sally, for as long as California remains to our west (insert bad beachfront property/fault line joke here), we will be the beneficiaries of an influx of buyers. We have always made a nice alternative for the pricey Real Estate in many California communities. Of course, that has subsided a bit recently due to the spike in prices from 2004-2006. As our values settle back down to sustainable levels, the California to Arizona migration will continue in the manner that it always has. We still have a daily net population gain, so all of these new residents will need a place to live.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 11, 2007