Carl Barkow, Home Buyer in Saint Charles, IL

Best Value for the money?

Asked by Carl Barkow, Saint Charles, IL Mon Jan 6, 2014

Where is the best area to purchase a home in the3 northwest Chicago suburbs? We are considering St. Charles, Aurora, Geneva, Naperville, and others. Potential growth in value over 10 years? Made one mistake a few years ago, and not interested in making another on a home purchase. Thank you

Answers

4
In my humble opinion, over the next many years, ranch one level homes will be the hot item. There will be a glut of inaccessible 2 story homes for the aging Boomers.
In the rough area you mentioned, the rural feeling/country feeling/forest preserve feeling Village of Wayne may give you more than could have dreamed for.
The Barrington area has a similar feel and great reputation also.

Bob@realtybob.com
847-230-7303
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 6, 2014
Great feedback. Thank you so much
Flag Mon Jan 6, 2014
Personally, I saw a fantastic recovery in the St Charles and Geneva areas this last year.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 6, 2014
In addition to considering the needs of your family, I would suggest analyzing the appreciation over the past 10 years in those communities that you are considering. Chances are that the communities will appreciate in a similar ratio relative to each other and therefore you can determine which has a better chance of greater appreciation.
Important to remember is that within one town there can be varying levels of appreciation. For example in Aurora or Naperville the school districts have a large influence on the rate of appreciation.

I like to recommend this informative forum to my clients to get the inside scoop on various communities directly from people who live there.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/chicago/
I hope this is a helpful for you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 6, 2014
Unfortunetly, there are no crystal balls that can give us that answer. What happened in the past housing market had many factors that had little to do with actual value for the money. Choosing where to live should be based on your particular lifestyle needs, location of your job vs home (commute time), access to amenities for hobbies (parks, health club,biking trails,etc.), schools, churches,shopping, transportation,etc. from what type of home you prefer, the age and even the style all these and many other factors can contrbute to what you personnally will place value on.

Buying a home where you house your family, invite your friends and live your life is totally different from investing in a stock or buying gold, every person has a different opinion on what is a good value based on their own personal needs. What are your priorities long range, what are your "must haves" vs what would be negotiable are many of the questions that need to be addressed when you start your search.

A professional real estate broker can help you narrow down your choices based on your current needs, lifestyle choices and mortgage requirements. Feel free to contact me to start the process.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 6, 2014