Yugandar, Home Buyer in Kimber - Gomes, Frem...

Bay area house to find

Asked by Yugandar, Kimber - Gomes, Fremont, CA Mon May 3, 2010

I am trying to narrow down some cities based on top elementary schools (900 score) and easy access to 101 between redwood shores and sanjose. My budget is 500K.

Answers

3
Hello Yugandar,

There are so many great cities, neighborhoods, and school distrists in the Bay Area.

Depends on whether you want a home or condo/townhome. Since you already have an idea about the school locations, I would start with a list of properties in the areas you would like to live. Take a look at the areas & neighborhoods which those homes (which are in the good school areas) and see if you like what you see. Then start looking at the inside of the homes. - Most of this work can be done with you and your Realtor in his/her office with the MLS listings on the computer.

Brian Ripp
Thank you for your question grade school is important. Trying to narrow down cities based on top elementary schools is even more difficult because you may not be able to visit them. I reccommend using GreatSchools.org to get a feel for the top grade schools and contacting a local agent to discuss your options for each city you are considering.
Keep in mind that as far as schools are concerned, opinions are often subjective and what may be good for one is not necessarily the case for another--consider a visit to the district(s), ask for a tour of the facilities, speak to the principals, teachers, etc., ask all your questions and then make your determination--where will your comfort level best be reached.