Reachmeesh, Both Buyer and Seller in Schiller Park, IL

Average price per square foot for bungalow on wash park

Asked by Reachmeesh, Schiller Park, IL Fri Feb 15, 2013

This question was asked from http://=www.trulia.com%2Fproperty%2F1093507344-150-S-Madison-St-106… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/property/1093507344-150-S-Madison-St-1…

Answers

10
Wash Park has a wide range of homes as far as size and build are concerned and thus this isn't the best judge of price or value for that neighborhood. I recommend contacting an agent to distinguish more of what you are looking for at that point this may be a closer gauge of price.
Contact a real estate professional to find out.
Contact a real estate professional to find out this information.
For 2012 the east side of the Park was $359 and the west side was $371. That is up about 3% over 2011.
Hi Meesh,

How are you today? Well, I hope. Thank you for posting your question on Trulia Voices.

I moved from Chicago to Denver in 2006, and I always look forward to welcoming fellow Midwesterners to Colorado.

As you have probably gathered by now from the other answers, calculating price per square foot is not as simple as it sounds and the answers can very quite a bit. I also looks like you are interested in other types of properties than bungalows, and other areas besides Wash Park.

So I'd like to ask you a few questions that could help me help you to find the right home. For example, how many homes have you owned in your lifetime? If you own your current home, what was the process you used to find it? How long did that take?

Below is a link to a brochure on purchasing a home in Denver. Included in the brochure are maps of the different Denver neighborhoods, some info about my company, and other useful information.

Once you've had a chance to digest some of the information I would welcome the opportunity to discuss with you my process for find the right home and, at the same time, make sure you don't miss anything or pay too much.

For now, just for fun, to give me an idea of where you are in the process, on a scale of 1 to 10 (with a 1 being you are just starting the process and 10 being you would like to find a home today) where would you rate yourself?

I hope to hear from you soon,

John Keene
Perry & Co.
303-547-7578
I'm just going to add my two cents on PPSF. This is not an accurate way to make decisions when purchasing a home, or to determine a home's value. If you think about it, it's just about math. Smaller square-foot homes command higher per-square-foot costs. Larger square-foot homes command lower per-square-foot prices. And, it doesn't take into consideration the condition of the home, updates, etc.

PPSF is better suited for new construction, and NOT older homes in an area like wash park.

What you really want is to have your REALTOR do a market analysis for you.

here's an interesting article on why you shouldn't use PPSF as a way go determine value:
http://homebuying.about.com/od/marketfactstrends/f/062408_pe…
There is a slight difference in home prices between East and West Wash Park. Here is some statistic for you based on the last 6 months of home sales:
East Wash Park - average sold price $616,000, average psf $348
West Wash Park - average sold price $485,000, average psf $313

I hope you find this helpful. Please let me know if you need any additional information.
I'll be happy to help!

Marina Bay
Cherry Creek Properties
303-880-6167
There are many factors that go into the PPSF. The "average" PPSF for Wash Park homes priced and sold between $400-$600 is $322.00.

However, I noticed that the property you have in the question is located in Cherry Creek. These are very nice condos. My office is located just blocks away from 150 S. Madison and I do a ton of sales in the Cherry Creek neighborhood along with surrounding areas like Washington Park.

If you would like to discuss more details and have any other questions, please feel free to contact me at 303 906 9000 or bdglaz@aol.com.

Also, if you go to my website, http://www.wendyglazer.com, you can click on a tab about neighborhoods. It might be helpful to see what it says along with doing a search. Trulia typically is not as current with their information as what you find on my website.

Good Luck! I would love to help you!
Smiles,
Wendy Glazer

Kentwood Company
And to answer your question, the average price per square foot of a bungalow is $426.41. But this doesn't mean much without identifying the condition of the property you would like to buy. At that point we can get more specific with the numbers.
The Price per square foot of a bungalow under 1200 SqFt in Washington Park runs between $259 and $565, depending on the condition. There is wide variation in the price per square foot because it is an old neighborhood that has gone through many phases of remodeling and updating. When you are reading descriptions of the houses online and it says "remodeled", rest assured that can mean any number of things. I have a complete and detailed analysis of Washington Park done. I would be happy to send it to you. Please reply with an email directly to me and I'll send it.

Rodolfo Canon