Market Conditions in 60614>Question Details

Terrie, Other/Just Looking in Chicago, IL

Average per square foot to build a new house in Chicago. Not including land

Asked by Terrie, Chicago, IL Wed Jan 16, 2008

Answers

4
There is a web-site called Building-Cost.net that can give you a very good idea, I am a real estate appraiser and I use it. The fact is the question you ask has no definate answer and anyone who gave an answer to such a broad question without asking about the quality level and the size of the building etc... would be guessing. I think you'll be very glad you found the web site I have provided.
This is an estimate for a single-family residence in Zip area 60634 Chicago, Illinois in March, 2016. This estimate includes a foundation as required for normal soil conditions, excavation for foundation and piers on a prepared building pad, floor, wall, interior and exterior finishes, roof cover, interior partitions, doors, windows, trim, electric wiring and fixtures, rough and finish plumbing, built-in appliances, supervision, design fees, permits, utility hook-ups, the contractors' contingency, overhead and profit. Highly decorative, starkly original or exceptionally well-appointed residences will cost more. Thor Build inc. can build similar residence for $158/sq. ft.
Hans! Great website. Thank you.
150-200/sf depending upon GC and of course finishes. That number can easily go up if you're really decking it out with amenities...
Average Quality home easy to built in $115 per sq/ft. I di in Lake county.
Flag Fri Feb 12, 2016