tdialls, Home Buyer in Lexington, KY

Average length of time houses are on the market

Asked by tdialls, Lexington, KY Tue Jan 8, 2013

Answers

5
I noticed you are in Lexington. So based on the stats from December 2012 from our local Board of Realtors, Single Family Homes in Fayette Co have an average days on market of 78. Average Sales Price is just over $202K and the average Sales Price to Listing Price is 95.1%.

As John states below, these numbers can vary greatly based upon the price point and area of the property but based upon the things you asked, the above is the most recent stats.
You'd think this would be an easy question to answer. Most of the time when you see the average days published in the newspaper or online, it is the average for all the houses sold through the Lexington-Bluegrass Association of Realtors (LBAR). That means the number represents all properties in Fayette and surrounding counties in all price ranges. A house in the $120-150k price range will probably sell quicker than the average DOM for the $400-500k range.

The way to beat the average days on market is to make sure your house is one of the top choices a buyer has and is presented well online since buyers these days will not come see a house that doesn't look good online. Like all of us do when we are buying anything, we pick the best one available. To make your house one of the best, you either need an attractive price, great condition, or both.

Hope all our answers help you out :-)
129 days is the average days on the the MLS in Lexington.
That number is very specific to where you live. If you want to know specifically for your neighborhood please call me Patty Adams with Rector Hayden Realtors at 858-351-1456 or my email is pattyadams@rhr.com.
It really depends on the condition of the house and the neighborhood and the time of year and if it is priced right. If I had a listing, I would want to make sure it was on the market by Feb so that it is ready for the peak buying season (march/april with closings in JUNE and JULY). That my house was declutted and in very clean perfect condition. If you do that then your house will sel quickly.
Stacy Heilig
859-494-1558 cell VM TEXT