Market Conditions in Tucson>Question Details

Valerie Nord…, Real Estate Pro in Springfield, VA

Average days on market for 85750 zip/ Alta Vista Neighborhood

Asked by Valerie Nordstrom, Springfield, VA Thu Mar 21, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3104725465-6522-N-Placita-Alt…

Answers

10
It all depends on the home, price and the location. There are sales that are on the market for less than a week and some that last a year. That area is very diverse and to do jsut an averge doesn't really tell you the number you are looking for. To narrow it down, you need to look at size, area, condition, and location. Let me know and I will do that for you.
Ric Mills

The Dan Adler Team

Keller Williams Southern Az

2506 E. Vistoso Commerce Loop #100

Oro Valley, Az 85755

Cell 520-548-8940

Fax 520-825-0001

http://www.thedanadlerteam.com

ric925az@gmail.com

The greatest compliment you can give is the referral of your friends and family. If you, or anyone you know, is thinking of buying or selling, please think of me and our TEAM.
Hi Valeria,

There are obviously a bunch of great answers already posted and I would like to add to the mix. Alta Vista is one of the premier North Tucson neighborhoods I specialize in which is part of 85750 and District 16, which is one of the premier school district in the area.

In Alta Vista alone, there are currently 8 actives, 3 contingent and 4 homes that have closed in the last six months averaging less than two months on market. Also, the average sales price is just under 800k.

For the entire zip code, 85750, average days on market increases to 72 which is fairly typical for this area. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance!

Michael Shiner
http://www.tucsonrealestateliving.com
To those of you who are telling clients that Tucson's inventory is lower you really need to check your hot sheets and MLS stats:

HOT SHEET: Today (the 21st of March) Look at your hot sheet. 50 New Listings and 28 Closed sales. No matter how you slice it- it still means 22 more listings we added to the inventory.

MLS STATS: Here are the MLS stats for January 2013 as taken and copied from TARMLS:

January’s Average Sales Price of $182,378 is a 0.35% decrease from December’s number $183,011.
ï‚· The Median Sales Price in January of $145,000 fell slightly from $147,500 in December, but has increased 16% since last January.
ï‚· Average List Price decreased .12% in January and is up 15.17% from January 2012.
ï‚· Total Sales Volume dipped slightly in January, resulting in a 6.48% decrease since December.
ï‚· Total Under Contract rose significantly in January to 2,415 from 2,022 in December, which brought about a 19.44% increase.
ï‚· Total Unit Sales of 884 decreased by 6.16% from last month.
ï‚· Total Active Listings of 4,459 increased by .22% over December.
 New Listings increased 39.5% to 1,893, from December’s number of 1,357.
ï‚· Average Days on Market increased to 57 in January, an increase of 2 days since last month.
ï‚· Percentage of cash sales was 36.7% in January compared to 33.1% in December.

Unless I'm reading this incorrectly, DOM is up, List price is down, Sales Volume is down, Sales price is down. You can study these numbers all you want but if the daily hot sheet shows more new listings than closings we are ADDING inventory.
Hi Valerie,
I am starting to see if the property is priced right or market value then 60 - 90 days is pretty common. If you have any questions please feel free to ask me or just follow me at http://www.azrealestate-tucson.com
I look forward to assisting however I can.
I would also agree that the market time is shortening every month due to a low inventory and will probably continue till inventory increases.
The average in 85750 is 60 days and all the Alta Vista neighborhoods about 80 days. That said, a lot depends on the size of home, the CONDITION, lot size, and other variables. The last couple of homes we listed or sold there were move in ready and had multiple offers in the first week. The under $200K market is hot and the under $150K market is VERY hot. Let me know if I can help you further.
Interesting that you are getting a variety of answers here. I can tell you, probablylike in VA, our appraisals are saying priced right, homes are selling quickly, priced a bit high and they are sitting. Higher priced homes take longer too because the market for them is much smaller. Some of our short sale situations are taking several months to get bank approvals for the sale.

This information is not intended to be an indication of loan qualification, loan approval or commitment to lend. Other limitations may apply.
http://www.goodmortgageintucson.com
Minette Goldsmith-Fairway Independent Mortgage Corp. 5401 N. Oracle Road Tucson AZ 85704
520 975-3909
L.O. NMLS# 261487 AZ L.O. License #0912618, FIMC # 2289, AZ BK #0904162 Equal Housing Lender
Hi Valerie,
The area that encompasses the 85750 zip code is a wonderful area of Tucson to live in. I happen to live in this area so I am very partial to this part of Tucson. I broke down the Alta Vista neighborhood three ways to give you the average days on the market over the last six months. For all homes in this neighborhood, the average days on the market was 63 days. For homes that were priced from $187K to $725K the average was 14 days on the market. Two homes sold over $800K in the last six months and their selling time was longer at 210 days on the market. I hope that answers your question sufficiently. Please let me know if there is any additional information that I can provide for you.

Warm Regards,
Ann
The average days on market in Alta Vista is 91 days. Visit us at http://www.LuxuryTucsonLiving.com for more information or email us at jservoss@kw.com and I can send you a complete market analysis for Alta Vista and the 85750 zip code.

James Servoss
Keller Williams Southern Arizona
Average days on market for the last 180 days is 56 days for all price ranges. Alta Vista DOM are 65 with 9 properties closing in the last 6 months the actual average is actually higher as two of the highest had multiple listings.. The numbers are a little strange as one was 244/450, another 176, 4 under 10 days, 1 at 21 and 1 at 83/213. I would be happy to send you the actual reports if you would like. I can be reached at Pete@PeteSellsTucson.com. I live and work in this area. Have a great day.