Market Conditions in Redmond>Question Details

Ron, Home Buyer in Redmond, OR

At Eagle Crest, what is the average home selling for per sq ft? What is a good deal for a sq ft price?

Asked by Ron, Redmond, OR Wed Apr 11, 2012

Answers

5
Bgolfguy you think that Deschutes County tells you what a home is truly worth?
A "good deal" is questionable to say the least. A good number of homes for sale at Eagle Crest are by people who owe way more than the home is worth. It is worth it to find out from Deschutes County what the value of the home is. It is not uncommon to see a home for sale for 400-700K and have its value less then a 1/4-1/3 of the asking price. Do your due diligence on any property.
remember that averages do not show you the prices of an updated vs a vintage home... a golf course or view vs none and so on.... sometimes narrowing down what you are looking for is a much better way to figure out your comps.
In the past 12 months there have been 17 sales at Eagle Crest at an average of $141.89 per sq. ft.
High was at $170.89 & the low at $113.80. If I could get a closer idea of the age, type, & sq. ft. of the home I can "fine tune" the numbers. Currently there are 20 homes at Eagle Crest available for sale starting at $252,900. This information came from our Central Oregon MLS. Feel free to call me at 541-548-2131 or email me direct at: iamfred.baldwin@yahoo.com for more info.
Fred Baldwin, P.C., Principal Broker/Century 21 Gold Country Realty, Redmond, OR.
The average price per square foot in the Eagle Crest/Ridge area is right around $145/sq ft, and ranges from $112/sq ft- $170/sg ft.