Mandy, Both Buyer and Seller in Piermont, NY

Are two family homes, multi family dwellings hard to sell right now? how much interest, are people looking to?

Asked by Mandy, Piermont, NY Tue Sep 1, 2009

buy in Piermont?

Answers

3
As Justin said there is always a market for a house if it is priced right or the terms are too good to pass up. Duplex and multifamilies are a small market in Rockland. They appeal either to investors or those people who cannot afford to carry a single family home.

Currently there are 93 multifamily homes for sale in the county. 9 multifamilies have sold within the last 3 months, which works out to 9.68%. Their average days on market is 116, the median 81. In contrast, there are 1327 single family homes currently on the market. 357 have sold during the last 3 months, or 26.90%. Their average days on market is 96, the median 64.

As you can see, while they do take a little longer to sell, the difference is not that great. If you were to examine all of the sales closely, you would notice that those that were priced well are the ones that sold.

There is always interest in homes for sale in the river towns. What turns interest into a sale is the price.
Hello Mandy, In answer to your question if priced right the house will always SELL. You live in a Rivertown which is also very desireable and if there are any water views even moreso. Would be happy to address all your concerns via phone/text/email etc. If you wish just get in touch and I will address ALL of your questions and concerns. Look forward to hearing from you. Regards Allan

Allan Erps, ABR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
VM(24 Hours) 845-770-2141
Cell Phone/Text 845-304-3040
Fax# 845-624-7137
For the latest in Buyers and Sellers Resources,
visit my website at; http://www.allanerps.randrealty.com
itt is all relative. To prove my point i will buy any property at any price if I get my terms. In other words i iwll pay one million for your duplex if I dont have to put any money down, and I can collect the rent for thrity years before making any payments and I can cancel my obligations at any time

I own a lot of rentals. i have over paid many times if the terns justify it.

But if you are only interested in cash-out deals, you have to make your property more appealing than the competition.

In this market I will buy properties with real cash flow. Price accordingly and you should snag your buyer.