Terry Roberts, Home Buyer in Colorado Springs, CO

Are they stiff on 279.000

Asked by Terry Roberts, Colorado Springs, CO Mon May 7, 2012

If we bough the house? how long wood they untill we could move in?

Answers

5
Ron Thomas’ answer
I presume that you are referring to the LISTING PRICE of the home:

Understand that the LISTING PRICE has one primary objective, to attract attention: It is not intended to be set in stone, and in many cases it is not even a good guideline toward the SELLING PRICE.

Some Sellers believe that by setting the LISTING PRICE high, they can always come down, and people will make an offer anyway: WRONG! Buyers will just bypass the property and look at houses that are within their price range. And six months from now, the Seller will slowly start lowering the PRICE, (this is called “chasing the curve”) and Buyers will be asking the question; “What’s wrong with that house?” and “Why has it been on the Market so long?”

Other Sellers set the LISTING PRICE low, to attract multiple offers. (The correct strategy.) We are asked; “Aren’t you obligated to sell at this price if someone offers it?” The answer is probably not; for that to happen, you would first have to have only one offer, and secondly, the offer would have be exactly the same, down to the smallest detail, (please discuss this with your Realtor).
Another thought; Buyer will search for potential properties by groups; for example, $400,000 to $450,000, and $250,000 to $300,000. If your house is priced at $460,000 or $310,000, the Buyers will never see it. (something else to discuss with your Agent.)

Different Banks have different philosophies about pricing their properties: You cannot draw any conclusions without a good analysis.

Have your Realtor do a CMA, (Comparative Market Analysis) to help you determine your Offering Price. It is the surest way to determine the Market Value of the property.
Hello Terry,
As mentioned earlier, move-in is always negotiable. Terms can be worked out. Purchasing using financing may take longer than a cash offer especially if working through lender, inspection and appraisal schedules. The average is 4-6 weeks. Yet as I said, arrangements can be made. Also seller readiness is a factor. If I can be of further assistance, please advise.
Terry- If you are referring to 215 Lupine Dr, the price is negotiable. I am the owner- call 218-244-6099 for further discussion. Move in might be negotiable.
Hi Terry,

I am not sure which property you are reffering to? Occupancy on a new purchase is always negotiable. I would be happy to provide aditional information. Please feel free to give me a call Cell 406-261-3721 or Office 406-751-5600.
Terry, which home are you talking about. Shoot me an email at corey@buyorsellmontana.com and I can get you more information on the home and get you answers to your questions.
Corey