Kris, Home Seller in Knoxville, TN

Are there any stats out there on the list price/sales price ratio for recently sold homes in Downers Grove?

Asked by Kris, Knoxville, TN Fri Apr 17, 2009

Answers

8
Your real estate professional has access to up to date information you may not be able to find on your own through the various internet sites. Contact me and I'll gladly send you a free market analysis report ( which includes market trends, list/sell ratio, available inventory, etc.) for the area in Illinois you are interested in.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 25, 2014
Kris,
93% is only a number and numbers can be very misleading. There are some homes priced to sell in Downers Grove and there still many houses that I think are overpriced. As a professional in Downers Grove it really depends on the home you are looking at. I would suggest you and the agent you choose do their homework before any offers are made. It is still a buyers market and you should be able to get what you want at a very good price.
Mark Karambelas
Team Karambelas
Baird and Warner
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 17, 2009
There are lots, discuss with your Realtor member and they will be able to provide the data.
Many of the different home search web sites do have these features. Realtors also have the access to real time reports that can be customized to exactly what your looking for.
What I have found is that when a home is priced correctly, it gets a good price to sale ratio. You need to price correctly to get the right buyers looking at your home. There is so much inventory that only the best homes in their price range sell. You must be the cream of the crop.
Mark has a point. This number is just general based on all statistics - but a good indicator. There really is a wide variety of homes prices in Downers Grove. One home might sell quickly or one might be on the market for a long time - which would throw off the ratios. If you are thinking of selling, sit down with a real estate professional. Look at comparable stats for the homes around yours. Are you in a subdivision? Are you close to town? How will buyers see your home? A home priced well and in good condition will sell. In the last six months 149 homes sold and 70 are under contract in Downers Grove !
Web Reference: http://www.maryvolk.com
Hi Kris,
According to the MLS, the avg. 3 BR home in DG is selling for about 93% of the final list price. This varies with the exact type of house and neighborhood, and is probably not your best guage when making an offer. Prices have been falling over the past year, and it has taken some time for sellers to realize how they need to price their homes in today's market. A professional familiar with the area will compare the house you want with similar houses on the market in the neigborhood to come up with a good idea of what the house is worth today.
Hope this helps!
In Downers Grove over the past 3 months for all single family homes there were 40 total sales. Of those 40 sales the average list price was $360,799 and the average sold price was $336,080. That is 93% list to sales price. Average market time was 238 days.

What's left? There are currently 447 active right now. Average list price is $531,201 and days on market 250 days.

The ratios are at 96% for all 4 BR's in Downers. That is at 96% with an average list of $586,800 and average sale of $565,127.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Enjoy!