Jen Christia…, Home Seller in 08807

Are there any qualified buyers looking for starter homes in Bridgewater? My home is currently assessed at

Asked by Jen Christiansen, 08807 Tue Apr 15, 2008

340K but from what I am seeing comps are way below this price. My home is very small and only a 2 bedroom. I have done a lot to it but it needs paint inside and out. It also has no a/c. I was just wondering if first time buyers out there can actually qualify for a home near the 300K mark and if any are looking for a two bedroom home with a bit of land that has expansion possibilities.

Answers

7
I just purchased a 3 bedroom home with central air and over a 1/2 acre of land. Your sales price is way overpriced, especially that it needs to be painted and is a starter home rethink price, perhaps going to open houses will give you an idea of current prices
I began looking for a two bedroom home in west bridgewater, bridgewater area, you sound like when you list your home it may be overpriced. Homes with 1 1/2 bathrooms, three bedrooms are selling for $259,00 - 269,00 Hope this was helpful, by the way they did not need painting done
Underwater = Troll. Sorry!
Your house might be worth $100k. Sorry.
Hello Jen:

There are a good number of buyers out there at most prices. Homes in MA sell every day! But the buyers are picking up homes that they perceive as VALUES. If your homes isn't priced to sell, it's unlikely that it will sell.

Matt Heisler
Web Reference: http://www.bjheisler.com
Hi Jen,

Living in Bridgewater and knowing the market very well, I would be happy to stop by and do a no cost or obligation market analysis for you. There are alot of things to consider that a thorough market analysis will show you. Please give us a call, we will be happy to give you the information that can help you and your family make the right decision for you.

Have a great day!

Jim
Jen, my company has a strong presence in your market area and while I have listed and sold there, there are other agents better suited to assist you. In my market Princeton (about 3o minutes south of you) we have had considerable decline in value. If your home was reassessed in the last couple of years it is likely assessed for more than it's value. As to saleability, everything will sell for thr right price and terms. Yes there are first time buyers in your price range. This is a fairly normal starting range for much of my market area. Interview a few agents and have them give you a market analysis for your home. If you arent pressed for time or arent committed to selling you can try to sell on your own. If you are serious though it is hard to beat the exposure and assistance you will get with a pro. If you would like specific agents names I would recommend just email me.
Ken