Market Conditions in Felton>Question Details

Janine, Home Seller in Delaware

Are there any buyers in Felton? Are sellers getting any showings? What is average market time now?

Asked by Janine, Delaware Sun Jul 13, 2008

Answers

1
Janine, Curt Abramson with Bailey Properties in Santa Cruz here. Right now, there are 32 homes active in Felton, and another 6 pending, so there are some active buyers right now. Average days on market has been hovering around 65-70 for the past few months. We've been averaging 50 homes for sale, 7-8 pending sales monthly, and 4-5 closed sales monthly for the same time period.

The sellers getting showings have presentable homes, actively marketed, at the right price. The biggest mistake people are making in Felton (and elsewhere) right now is putting their home out at a high price to test the market, then trying to drop it several times to see where the buyer's interest kicks in. By the time they approach market value, their property has been out there so long, buyers assume it has defects and they stay away.

Pricing right now is highly competitive. A home has to clearly be the best value of all the competitors in its range to draw buyer interest, and offers. If you'd like more specific info about the market or a particluar house and aren't committed to another Realtor, I'd be happy to talk with you directly. You can contact me through my website, below.