Market Conditions in Leland>Question Details

Bicass, Home Buyer in Leland, NC

Are the homes overpriced in BF?

Asked by Bicass, Leland, NC Sat Jan 5, 2013

Answers

4
Yes they are and the community itself is going to be so overcrowded in the next 10 years it will be like living in a major city. They call it a forest what a laugh it has no aesthetic appeal whatsoever when it comes to views, hiking trails, etc. Waterford of the Carolinas is a far better bet and a lot more reasonable. check out Waterford of the Carolina. Its all built out so you won't be having astronomical HOA dues!
Yes, and the atmosphere is similar to that of a nursing home. My wife and I lived there for a couple of years and it was horrible. It is mostly inhabited by displaced north easterners who who thumb there nose at the locals and talk about how great things are back in Jersey. Oh, and I just love the Brunswick Forrest license plate bracket, almost cult like. We have since relocated to Landfall and love it. to each there own.
It sounds like you didn't like the people in BF? I have the same question as Macrossey, what is it about Landfall that you have liked more than BF? We are also looking to move to the area.
Flag Fri Mar 15, 2013
Can you be more specific on what you did not like about Brunswick Forest? We were considering a move there. What is it about Landfall that has made you so happy? Thanks
Flag Thu Feb 28, 2013
Incredibly so. $260k for "just over 1000sq ft" is nonsense.
In BF, you will find homes that offer the absolute latest in design, and contemporary, in-demand features. You will also find homesites larger than what would be the norm in other communities. The developer is also high on green space,so within its borders, there's plenty. Such things come with a price. If first class amenities, peace, aesthetic surroundings, space and a first class home are things that appeal to you, the price of a BF home reflects that, as the total package is more than just the structure.