Tim, Home Buyer in Mountain View, CA

Are the Spa Villas at La Quinta Resort a good investment?

Asked by Tim, Mountain View, CA Sun Sep 23, 2007

Answers

9
In my opinion as a 30 year investor in the Desert and other Western areas.....NO !

There are much better investment areas....unless you are a developer and want inexpensive land.

BUT....if you want great weather (9 months anyway), the BEST Golf in the world (arguably) - Tennis, the home of the great BNB Parabus Tennis tournement in Indian Wells - Outdoor activities suchas Hicking - Biking - swimming - shopping - Restaurants......then YES .

BUT.....Spa Villas, not my cup of tea....much better investments for ROI than these units. Rentals are good but you pay a high percentage of income to management company.
I replied to you once earlier with the possibilities for Spa Villas. There are many good investments here in La Quinta. I'd be happy to show you around. Call when you are in town: 760-469-9019.

Marlene Williams
Mirabella Properties
La Quinta, CA
Hi, Tim, The Spa Villas at La Quinta are a good investment if you purchase them in the 200K range. I had an investment company that purchased four of these units when the market was at its peak. The property was very controversial due to the fact that it was considered a hotel rather than a condo.
The project was misrepresented to many people who bought early. If you watched the values over the last four years they have plumented to around 199K for the 2/2 and over 400K for the larger 3/3/ units. If you enjoy the closely built comfort of the four plexes then you will have in the long run a very good rental property once the market trends move upward . This could take up to five years. An investment would be a HOLD POSITION. Location, Location Location. We were able to get our money back after a long battle with the builders. I would certainly read the fine print on the community and find out who manages the community. What the CCR's say about rentals. Sometimes it is mandatory that the hotel,put these condos in their rental pool. Buyer beware!. But maybe you can get a good deal. . Read all documents before closing. Also see fees for the club as well as the HOA fees for the Condo you are purchasing. I have always thought this project was a win win situation at the right price. Write to yourrealtylady@yahoo.com with any more questions. Jan , Keller Williams Realty La Quinta Ca., 760-3990221.
Hi Tim,

I am very familiar with the spa villas, having had spa villa listings in the past. I also currently have one active tennis villa listing and another one coming soon. There are pros and cons regarding the spa villas that I would be happy to discuss with you off line. If you would like to do so, please feel free to contact me at Larry@CalifDesertRealty.com. Thank you.
Yes, the Spa Villas are an excellent investment. The home prices range from $500,000 to $750,000. These villas are on the hotel property of the La Quinta Resort and make a wonderful year round or vacation only place to live. The "season" here is November to May. The hotel is happy to assist you in renting the property so there is always a great experience for an owner or a tenant. If you are interested in purchasing a home in the La Quinta Resort, please feel free to call me.

Marlene Williams
The Spa Villas give the best rental income of any of the condos or homes around the hotel. They are really for people who love the hotel experience . Located on the hotel property of the La Quinta Resort they are treated as room nights . Used by the hotel (and paying the owner) when there is overflow , or the hotel needs upscale rooms or when someone has a great experience when they stayed in a Spa Villa and asked for it again!
Spa Villa's are ice. If you want better views and an amazing home on the Dunes golf course (Dunes and Mountain are next to La Quinta Resoirt) - check out the folloing Duna La Quinta home. Lowest priced home in a guard gated community and within walking distance from everything.

http://www.postlets.com/res/883304
Are you familiar with the Legacy Villas project next door? I would be happy to fill you in on the details of community and give you some insight into why this project makes a great investment.
We have sold 2 in the last couple years and they have provided very good rental income.