Jeneal, Other/Just Looking in 97006

Are rental properties going up in value? I have a three unit building (3br 1 bath each) in the Cedar Hill

Asked by Jeneal, 97006 Sat Oct 18, 2008

area. I am curious about the trend for that kind of property. Property is all on one level with car ports.

Answers

3
Tom Terry’s answer
Actually the Rentals (4 Plex Units) "SOLD" prices in Beaverton in 2008 are going in value.
I made a study last week of this and charted it out. I will do it again at the end of the year.
Please contact me for a copy of this. I would be glad to share with you.
If you have an area that you are considering please let me know and I could chart it for you.

I also have a spread sheet (5 Year/7 page report) of all the figures you would need to look at if you were to purchase a rental. Glad to share that with you too. It is important to see if the $$$ is paying for the property or just flowing out of your pocket. Good time to purchase right now. Excellent Rates now.

Give me a call.

Tom Terry
Prudential NW Properties
503-906-1363
tterry@prunw.com
http://www.buyportlandrental.com
A good 3 br place is hard to find a small group with less than 4 units is also great. Most lenders just put a new requirement on investment properties of 20% down. You need more than this to make it break even but the old days this is what got investors in trouble. Rents are also up with loans hard to come by with new higher credit requirements by buyers to get the best interest rates. But a great location and a small plex is very saleable.
Tom Inglesby, Broker,
ABR,CRS, EA STAR
RE/MAX Equity Group Inc.
503-495-5416
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 18, 2008
The property value itself isn't really going up, however the rent value is. The rental market right now is very strong and we are seeing some good rent rates across the area.

Julie Fugate
President, Principal Broker
The Fugate Group, Inc.
Property Management, Real Estate, Investments
Keller Williams Realty SW Portland
(503)522.1900