Market Conditions in 10965>Question Details

manriquegall…, Home Buyer in Pearl River, NY

Are prices up or down since mid-2011?

Asked by manriquegallegos, Pearl River, NY Tue Apr 23, 2013

Zip code 10965

Answers

6
Other factor is the online experience is not always your best experience. Local Banks/Mortgage Brokers are often your best course of action! Hope you made out well but if needed, contact me and I can further evaluate your situation and possibly point you in the right direction with several lenders in the area.
Hi All,

I really appreciate all of you who took the time to answer. I have a home in Pearl River, very close to Nanuet. I was refinancing, but I had a very bad experience with Quicken Loan's low ball appraisal. Needless to say, the refinance fell apart, but at least I know I did not make a bad investment two years ago. Thanks everybody for your help.

Manrique Gallegos
Hi Manrique,

Are you asking about prices in the 10965 zip code, regarding prices? If so, right now Pearl River, NY and other areas of Orangetown are doing very well. I just had clients who bought a home in Orangeburg, NY and before we bought the house that they wanted, we had a number of homes that we tried to buy which literally "flew off the shelf", had multiple offers and got asking price or better. So if you are thinking of the Orangetown area of Rockland County, market conditions are great. I believe prices have stabilized elsewhere in the county, but are not rising as fast as they are in the southernmost town of Rockland.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like a complimentary comparative market analysis for your home or if you are planning to buy a home, by calling me at 914-588-2365.

Take care,
Ellen
Ellen Kippel
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson NY and NJ
Weichert Realtors
Mutli-Million Dollar Producer
Website : http://www.dreamhomesrocklandandorangeny.com
Website: http://www.ellensellsrealestate.com
Email: eskippel@aol.com
Hello Manrique,

Overall in Rockland County, prices are still falling but appear to be stabilizing. In fiscal 2012, the average Rockland County home sold for approximately 2% less than the average sale in 2011. There are some towns where prices are down more and some towns where 2012 prices ticked up a little bit. In Pearl River in the first three months of this year, we saw a 14.3% increase in sales volume vs. the first three months of 2012. The average price was basically flat versus the same period last year. If you are a Buyer--the combination of near all-time low interest rates and near bottom pricing--this is a great time to buy. If you are a Seller, there is very little inventory on the market so good well priced homes are selling pretty quickly in this market. I hope this helps.

Maureen McEnroe
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Prudential Joyce Realty
914 588 1873
This is a great question. Depending on the area, location, etc., will dictate where the real estate price range is going. Most of the properties have stabilized, meaning not continuing to fall. However, some home prices still get reduced, and a few have increased in price. For a more in depth answer please e-mail me at info@suburban-realty.com Thank you.
Quite a very general question here but in my estimation prices are slightly rising now which leads me to believe they are about the same as 2011 or possibly still lower. The big difference is that there is a lot less inventory today. If you need any further help just get in touch. Allan