Rrf, Home Buyer in Morningside Heights,...

Are prices for condos and coops in Manhattan going down are have they hit bottom?

Asked by Rrf, Morningside Heights, New York, NY Sun Sep 6, 2009

I'm wondering if I should try to buy now or wait. I can afford $300,000 and hope to find a large 1 or 2 bedroom apts. Condo preferred, but coop is ok. I'm looking for something in a safe neighborhood near subways, in Morningside Heights or below.

Answers

1
That's an excellent question I'm formally of Prudential Douglas Elliman and they come out with their yearly market report. If you read it and read Corcoran's and Halstead you'll get three different answers. NYC prices will continue to go down, I'm not saying rock bottom "but" there's room for more adjustments. I have an accepted offer in Inwood for a one bedroom at $205K, it was listed at $225K, so you can find an apartment to fit your budget. I'll be delighted to assit and please, if you havne't contacted a mortgage broker please do so. I'd like to refer (full discloseure I don't reevieve compensation of any sort for my referalls) to Patricia Lavigne. She's been in the business of approrx 18 years, she's with Manhattan Mortgage at plavigne@manhattanmortgage.com or 212-745-9012. Good luck, I'm here if you need me and have a safe & healthy new year!!! Lastly, I ran a quick search for units in your price range and there's several interesting ones. I'm here if you need me, cheers.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 12, 2009