Market Conditions in Spring>Question Details

Amy_anita82, Home Buyer in

Are model homes easier to negotiate from the asking price?

Asked by Amy_anita82, Sun Jun 3, 2012

You know whatever the end sale price is on a model Home, it has so many upgrades, that if you had to pay for them or ask for them on top of the basic home model, it would cost you a lot more.

And when you sell the home down the road, you can always say, this was the model home for the
subdivision and buyers will understand that there are upgrades in this particular home that the
others in the subdivision may not have.

So good luck to you.

YourRealtor4Life! Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike, covering the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, and the fine homes of the North Shore ...
and with partner agents all states in the US and worldwide properties...
Edith speaks French, German, English,Spanish and more

@PROPERTIES NORTHSHORE 30 Green Bay Road, Winnetka, Il. 60093
For details about my expertise, services etc. etc. visit my website

Have a great Day :)
Simply put: YES!!!

Since most builders put extra upgrades to showcase what they have to be included in future home sales, once they are done with that model home floor plan they ususally reduce it drastically...

If any more info is needed you can always contact me at 832-892-8730

Nazario Trujillo
There is not a simple yes or no answer but I have some great insight. I have 10 years experience as a new home salesman and sales manager. Give me a call and let me know the builder, I might be able to help.

What a great question! Model homes generally have most of what the builders offer as upgrades built in to showcase what you can choose when you build with them. Models have a " shelf life" because most builders have a specific number of lots and only a specific amount of each style or plan can be built within the neighborhoods. Because of that reason when they have sold out of that plan then the models are reduced, sometimes coming with furniture and accessories! Some builders are more likely to negotiate than others. As a Realtor if course I would say you would have a better chance of negotiating a deal if you were represented by a licensed agent. The bottom line is it doesn't hurt to try, but the more research you have to back up your reasoning the better you will be prepared to negotiate. Comps are more difficult to aquire without having agent representation, but gather as much data as you can. Good Luck!