Shirley Poon, Home Buyer in Stamford, CT

Are houses near UC Davis Medical Center selling near their asking price?

Asked by Shirley Poon, Stamford, CT Thu Mar 22, 2012

Answers

5
For 62 single family homes sold in 2012 within a one mile radius of UCDMC, the final sale price averaged 96.84. 54 of the 62 homes sold between 86% and 107% of list price. More than a quarter (18) of the sold homes closed at a price within 1% of the list price.

Consumer tip. List price is not as important as market value when considering how much to offer.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 22, 2012
Why not say Oak Park, why 1 mile of the Med center, kinda slippery.
Flag Sun Apr 1, 2012
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
They are going close to. We have one listing on 5025 V St which has just needed a price reduction. The neighborhood is called Elmhurst and has not seen very much inventory in the last few years.
Web Reference: http://www.teamhybridre.net
Oak Parks now Elmhurst, huh, in June I was told its Curtis Park 95817

Its actually oak Park 95817 and a notoriously bad area thus the obfuscation.
Flag Sun Apr 1, 2012
Hi Shirley;

Every answer so far has been right on target. Inventory is low, which shows signs of becoming a sellers market; meaning multiple offers and competitive bidding on available homes. The areas near the med center is limited and can be spotty for availablilty and quality of properties. Have you considered other areas within a short distance (Tahoe Park, East Sacramento, River park...) of the Med Center? I am from Phila and love the east coast charm of those areas.

If you are in the medical field and researching moving, I have a client that just moved from the midwest and chose Sacramento because she said that pay here offers bay area salaries yet we have a much lower cost of livings.

Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions at all, if you would like me to do any research, other than homes. Moving is a big step and making the right decision is not always easy.

Jamie Sachs
Lyon Real Estate
In Oak Park? not even close to reality.
Flag Sun Apr 1, 2012
Shirley,

I always tell my clients do not worry about the list price. List price can be high, low or at value. Once you find a home make sure to have your agent do a market comparison for that home. This will tell you what the value and where you what start your negotiations from. Never take what some one else says the value is, get the information.

All the statistics will show you is either how well the Listing Agent and Seller priced the home in the first place or what the final listing price was at the time of sale.

Good luck and as always, I would love to help you.

Jamie Collins
916-257-3779
over 22 years of experience
Shirley, if you provide me an email. I will be happy to send you a certified market analysis of the area. For the most part all the homes in this area if priced correctly will sale at or exteremly close to thier asking price.

Warm Regards

you can send your email to info@code3realty.com