Market Conditions in Madison>Question Details

Andrew Lardn…, Home Buyer in Washington DC / Las...

Are homes selling in Madison, WI?

Asked by Andrew Lardner, Washington DC / Las Vegas Thu May 22, 2008

I feel we have a fair price, and everyone that sees it seems to have good things to say about it, but it isn't selling. It was new when we bought it, but we got better jobs and moved after just one year. We landscaped, put up blinds, and bought premium appliances. So I think we should be competitive with the new construction in the neighborhood.

Answers

2
Nice Profile’s answer
Andrew, homes are selling everywhere in the country. But the one thing that is holding the sale of most listed homes is price. I understand your concern and you need to put yourself in the buyers shoes. Pretend that you are buying a home in that neighborhood. I'm sure you will find similar properties for less and besides that, buyers know the prices will continue to fall for the next 9 to hopefully not 18 months. So you need to create a value for them and that is be the lowest price in the neighborhood. If your property is not listed with a professional, you are wasting your time. I'm sorry if you get offended by my words, but it's reality in a buyers market. You need to have the best marketing, and most of all the best price to be consider a value to today's buyers. If you need the assistance of a local Realtor, send me your contact information and I'll be happy to help you find one for you. Good luck on your sale.
Web Reference: http://www.forsaleagent.com
Angel hit the nail on the head! My buyers' that drag their feet are losing out on their favorite properties. The best priced homes seem to get multiple offers. Have you thought of using home staging?