Charles, Other/Just Looking in 92657

Any property managers out there in Ft Collins? What is the rental market like for investment real estate?

Asked by Charles, 92657 Mon Sep 3, 2007

Answers

10
We have managed our rentals for over 15 years and also have our real estate license. We have a tenant finding service for other landlords who want to manage their rentals but want us to find the tenants for them. We specialize in selling investment properties. So we find many tenants. The rental market is fabulous. You are welcome to call and we can discuss the rental market.
Dynamic Real Estate
Brad and Shawna
970-226-4433
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 26, 2007
I am not a property manager, but I am a Realtor and work with several Real Estate investors. The market for investment properties is actually quite good. We are a college town so we always have a viable pool of student tenants, both under grad and graduate level, in addition to typical family units looking for rentals. I have found that if your properties are in above average condition, they usually rent quickly and for a premium. There are a lot of sub par rentals properties out there in my opinion, so if you have a quality property you can get a better tenant and higher rental rate. With the financing challenges we are experiencing locally and nationwide, many home buyers that were looking to buy will have to continue to rent or look at lease to own scenarios which can be good for investors. There are some incredible deals to be found right now if you are looking for an investment property. This is one of my areas of expertise, so if you'd like to contact me directly, I would be happy to discuss Fort Collins Real Estate further.
Carrie Holmes, 970-988-0242
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 15, 2007
The Market is really hot right now. Vacancy is very low and rental rates are increasing. There are some great Property Managers in our area Charles.
Dears,

appreciate your kind help and support.

I have USD 500,000 and I need a continous stable income from real-estate in Fort Collins.

Your kind help and recommendations are highly appreciated.

Halhassan@shb.com.sa
Charles - Overall the rental vacancy rate has been decreasing. But the key to any investment is to purchase the correct property for your target audience. When I begain investing 10 years ago, I determined my target market and bought homes for that market. My vacancy rate for ten years is zero. For the past two years I even stopped using signs and only market online which also helps in another way - my competition never knows that I am looking for new tenants so I don't have to compete against other investors.
I use Faith Property management company - for the most part they are pretty good, never went more than a week without them finding a tenant. If you don't use a property management company, just make sure your rental property doesn't become a meth lab/marijuana growing in the basement farm - the neighbors hate that! A good indication is when people park in the driveway and someone comes out the front door to "talk" to the guy through the car window and then the driver leaves. It's a problem when this occurs multiple times during the day and night. Make sure your neighbors know who to call should they witness this type of activity. Good luck - ex-Ft Fun cop
My rentals rent for about 350- 400 per bedroom, go figure that a Hot Tub equals no vacancy. I manage just my own and have had little problems, however if renting to students- have there parent sign a Guarantor Form- kinda like a co-signer. You will likely pay half the first months rent for tenant placement...that's IF the property manager does not scoff at your above market rental rate, and 10% of each months rent for management. That's too much in my opinion, that's why I manage my own property- it's not rocket science. I put a sign in the yard.....and that's it. Offering a Lease option to purchase helps too.

Good Luck, let me know if I can help.
kevco does a great job in managing property. I would try them out.
The market is strong if you stick to the right areas. I own a property management company (KEVCO) in Fort Collins and I also specialize in residential investment properties. KEVCO manages over 250 properties and you can get a lot of valuable rental information from their site. Poke around.
-Kevin Bolin
Web Reference: http://www.kevcorentals.com
I have been a Property Manager for 4 years and a Realtor for 5. I dont do any work in the Ft. Collins area but I thought I would at least ask what type of investment market you are looking for. Large monthly cash flow or are you holding out to realize appreciation over the next 5 or so years. I do some investment work on the Western Slope and the past two years have seen about 15% appreciation and about a 98% occupancy rate.