Doug & Bud Z…, Real Estate Pro in Placerville, CA

Any other comments about recession?

Asked by Doug & Bud Zeller, Placerville, CA Sat Sep 24, 2011

"I wouldn't call it a recession...but it is going backward. If it goes on very long it will be a recession."

Howard Roth, chief economist at the state Department of Finance

Answers

8
The question is if it is a double dip recession, for some they never got out of the first one. This administration may not have been the cause or started it, but their actions certainly made things worse.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 24, 2011
I try not to think about it too much, since we really have no control over it one way or the other. Just keep a positive outlook that in time market conditions will improve, everything is cyclical. Help as many people as you can, homeowners need us now more than ever and buyers need to be reassured that homeownership is still a good investment for the future . It is far better than being a tenant.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 24, 2011
Well, when you add $5.4 trillion to our national debt in 3.5 years and you spend $890BB on a failed stimulas that where the average job created cost the taxpayer $489,000 and the average wage of the job created is $22,000, all the while being bombasted for being successful, employers are afraid to hire.

Couple in a healthcare bill, which if does not get scratch by the Supreme Court, will decrease the bottom line by 35%, and we have a recipe for disaster.

Employers are not hiring, due to the uncertainty associated with the Obama Administration.
Not to get a soapbox, but the President is a mess when it comes to fiscal sanity or economic progress. In my humble opine!
Interesting answers and thoughts!
When I has a kid, I wondered who "THEY" were:
We were told on the evening NEWS what "THEY" did, how "THEY" controlled the political and ecconomic well being of the Country.
I'm sure, a lot of us wanted to grow up and become one of "THEM", the ones who controlled everything.

We can see that we are in a Serious Downturn of the Ecconomy, (Z Team doesn't want us to use the "R" word,) but yet we see Construction, Expansion, Mergers, Purchases all around us! Where's the money coming from, and who are all these people with the Rose-Colored-Glasses?

Yesterday I was watching the Barrett-Jackson Auction of the TV, and they were selling cars left-and-right! They were selling Mustangs and Camaros for $100,000 that were selling for $40-50,000 a year ago! They were selling Hot Rods that didn't used to get the Restoration Costs, now selling for $75,000 to $125,000!

Does someone know something that we plebians don't?
Or are there that many people out there with losts of dollars and no sense?

I'm sure that Optimists sleep a lot better at night, than Pessimists do: I think I join the former!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 25, 2011
Suffice it to say "No Comment".
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com
Interesting. Well, with the unemployment rate not expected to return to normal (read: 5%) until 2017, I think we are in for a little more time in this existing market.
Well, "recession" is a technical term with a specific meaning. Frankly, I think that if it's going backward, if it's receding, then it's in recession - whatever it is.

But it's not going to be enough just to avoid going backward. Of course, grateful for what we've got, sure. Still, people are not going to be better off until the economy actually grows, and with the rich people and corporations "on strike," I suppose we're just going to have to give them more and more, aren't we?