Market Conditions in 53158>Question Details

John, Home Seller in Pleasant Prairie, WI

Any feedback on the SE Wisconsin Market? (53158)

Asked by John, Pleasant Prairie, WI Wed Jul 2, 2008

I am preparing my home to list for sale in August or September, and am wondering if anyone has feedback on the general market conditions for 53158 I am trying to get a little smarter before I start interviewing agents later this summer. Thanks.

Answers

5
I believe the market is on the rise - we are kind of running out of inventory. Seem to be in quite a few multiple offer situations. Some of my listings that have been a little stagnent are finally moving. I'm encouraged. I think Spring will be very active. I do my business mainly in Lake County, Illinois and Kenosha County, Wisconsin.
Hey John, from what i see out there...Every home is different, depends what you have to offer and where its exactly located at...An agent can only really take what sold in your area and it will affect the price..What i see out there is banks are having a problem with the appraisals...Some comparables are truly hard to find in todays market conditions..I wouldnt take a listing overpriced just cause i think it does a disservice to you my client..If you need to sell quickly, price it right..or if you have fairly good equity you can test the conditions and see what happens..Thanks Gary Frederick 262-945-1353 RealtyPro LLC.
Here are some common mistakes sellers make - To uplodad the entire list, please visit my website..Mini Samuel (262) 960-0468
Mistake #1 -- Placing the Wrong Price on Your Property
Every seller obviously wants to get the most money for his or her product. Ironically, the best way to do this is NOT to list your product at an excessively high price! A high listing price will cause some prospective buyers to lose interest before even seeing your property. Also, it may lead other buyers to expect more than what you have to offer. As a result, overpriced properties tend to take an unusually long time to sell, and they end up being sold at a lower price.

Mistake #2 -- Mistaking Re-finance Appraisals for the Market Value
Unfortunately, a re-finance appraisal may have been stated at an untruthfully high price. Often, lenders estimate the value of your property to be higher than it actually is in order to encourage re-financing. The market value of your home could actually be lower. Your best bet is to ask your realtor for the most recent information regarding property sales in your community. This will give you an up-to-date and factually accurate estimate of your property value.
John, I am a Realtor with Prudential Premier Properties in Kenosha, WI and I have two active listings in Pleasant Prairie currently. Here is one common seller mistake to avoid - Overpricing! and I believe Location, Price and condition affects a home more than looking at the market condition. Sure, we have more inventory than there are buyers right now but if you price your home to sell, then you should have no worries..
Mini Samuel
(262) 960-0468
John,

Try interviewing a few agents now. Be honest with them about your projected list time and what information you would like for them to be tracking over the next few months. You don't have to disclose personal/financial information to them..you don't know if you'll be hiring them. Sometimes, I know that I will be listing a home months before the seller needs to actually put it on the market. I can go to the home ahead of time, with no sense of urgency and pressure, and we can talk about improvements and any suggestions to help the house sell. They have a few months to work on things to make their home more marketable and I can watch the market and keep track of what homes are actually closing for. It's a win-win situation. You may want to discuss your market timing with an agent. Depending on your location, putting your home on the market in August can make a big difference vs September. You may be able to catch the attention of buyers wanting to get settled before school starts. Good luck.