Market Conditions in 30005>Question Details

Satyam, Home Buyer in 30005

Alpharetta 30005

Asked by Satyam, 30005 Mon Jun 9, 2008

Was curious as in which particular months the most homes are sold in a calendar year -- this would help me plan my move

Answers

3
THis is a little bit older info, but here's what I found for Alpharetta home sales by month:

Alpharetta 2006 2007
January 121 132
February 137 177
March 216 222
April 209 202
May 283 239
June 297 282
July 295 246
August 284 201
September 192 134
October 176 N/A
November 167 N/A
December 191 N/A
Web Reference: http://www.leeadkins.net
Typically it is the spring and summer months that you will have the most activity. If you want to give me a little more specific information as to an area in Alpharetta and a price range I can give you a more specific answer and will be glad to do a little research for you.

Judy Wittenberg
Satyam -
June and July are typically the strongest sales months. People are more willing to move their kids to new school districts, etc.

I don't have the exact figures on me at the moment, but it is very documentable that these are the strongest months and the holidays are the weakest.

Our Alpharetta market is generally still pretty strong - still seeing a small appreciation in most zip codes.
There are many who say the "bottom" was April and others say it's yet to come.

The primary problem with waiting for the bottom is that you only know it once prices start coming up.
It's still a very strong buyer's market in Atlanta in general and certainly in Alpharetta.

Just be sure your Realtor shows you comps on whatever you purchase so you can make an informed decision on the most appropriate price.

Best of luck to you!

Lee
Web Reference: http://www.leeadkins.net