joannshep, Home Buyer in Port Charlotte, FL

All the homes I see listed are foreclosures or short sales. Are there any reasonably priced homes?

Asked by joannshep, Port Charlotte, FL Thu Mar 22, 2012

Answers

7
Billie Ray Easley’s answer
Hi JoAnn,

To answer your question, YES, we have many reasonably priced homes in our area including those that we consider regular sale by "REAL SELLERS". These are often priced very compeitively with the foreclosued properties when the amount of repairs are considered in the purchase price as most of them are in very livable condition with little or no repairs needed. We can usually get a response, either an acceptance of your offer, a counter offer, or, though not often a rejection, with in only a couple of days or so. This makes the negotiations much easier for these properties.

Sometimes the "SHORT SALES" prices look very attractive, but the majority of these may NOT be what the seller's lender will actually accept. It also can take a considerable amount of time to even get an answer back from their lender. Most of the lenders do work with us to get the property sold, but they are actually under no obligation to even respond to an offer. This can become a fairly long process.

The foreclosed properties can often be a great deal, however, the majority of them will need at least some work to make them livable. This is not always the case, I have sold many that were basically in move-in condition with only very minimal work or repairs required.

I would be more than happy to send you a direct link customised just for your requirements directly into our Multiple Listing System for a search for all of the properties that seem to fit your needs and price range. I would also send you email updates anytime something new comes on the market or there is a price change. It is my goal to provide you with the very best of service for all your real estate needs. I want to be your realtor. Please contact me.

Billy Ray Easley, REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Sunstar Realty, Inc.
1951-D Tamiami Trail
Port Charlotte, FL 33948
(941) 627-8142 or (800) 858-2099
billyrayeasley@embarqmail.com
Hi JoAnn,

There are homes available that are not short sales or foreclosures.
Inventory is actually pretty tight right now, but there are good opportunities to be found.

Well-priced homes are attracting a lot of attention from the buyer pool, so you want to work with someone who is keeping you up to date on the latest trends, and can help you formulate a strategy that helps you reach your objectives.

Here is a quick comparison of the three types of homes, in general:

1.) Foreclosures are often in the worst condition, and the most affordable on purchase price. They are often vacant for extended periods of time, and will require more work done to bring them up to acceptable standards. The bank can decide on an agreeable price within a few days, and can close within 30 days. (there are exceptions - but in general) Must be purchased with an "AS IS" contract. No Seller's Disclosure.

2.) Short sales may still be occupied, with the AC running and minor repairs being made to keep it habitable (leaks, broken windows etc....) which also helps keep animals and rodents out of the house.
The bank and the investors, private mortgage companies etc... who will make the final decision can take months to do so. You cannot plan on any particular timeframe for closing, other than that as soon as they finally agree to close, they want to do so immediately. Must be purchased with an "AS IS" contract. Usually a Seller's Disclosure available.

3.) Homes with "real sellers" are generally maintained and won't need as much repair. The seller can decide on the agreement within a couple of days, and closings can usually be adjusted to meet the time frames of both the buyer and seller. May be purchased with an "AS IS" contract or where the sellers make repairs. Seller usually makes Disclosure available.

Prices for similar homes vary, not as much because of the category of home, but the condition of the property.

You want to work with someone who is keeping you up to date, understands the market, can help you make comparisons, understands the contract variables, and knows what you are trying to accomplish.

All the Best,

Jim Sweat, ABR, CRS, GRI, CDPE, e-PRO, ILHM
Sandals Realty
http://www.ExplainShortSales.com
941-306-7384
Team@JimSweat.com
Yes, there are many reasonably priced homes for sale in Port Charlotte that are normal sales. If you could provide your search criteria I can send you some listings. You can also search the MLS for listings by Normal Sale, Bank Foreclosed or Short Sales. http://myfloridahomesmls.com/

Our agency is located in Port Charlotte. I would be happy to help you find a home.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty, Port Charlotte, FL
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
http://www.greenlionrealty.com
941-276-6185
Yes, there are several out there that are lower priced and need work, and some priced reasonably, and some good deals, too. I would be happy to email you some available homes if you'd like. I can also take you to see the ones that are not short sales or bank owned. Give me a call at 941-623-8423 and I'd be happy to help you any time. I work weekends, too!
I'm guessing you're asking if there are any reasonably priced properties that are not foreclosures or short sales, as many of the conventional sales are usually higher than distressed properties. And for good reason! Conventional sales are usually higher because they have been maintained, are occupied, you will get disclosures about what has been done, and they will often negotiate about repairs to help you get financing. A conventional sale is also usually the quickest closer if you have cash.
I'm not sure I understand the correlation between distressed property for sale & reasonable prices. Can you clarify what you mean?