averyhanes, Home Buyer in Government Camp, OR

why are the HOA fees so expensive ?? I know its water front lot but - its an older trailer and park with no extra amenities ??

Asked by averyhanes, Government Camp, OR Sun Apr 28, 2013

$850 dollars per month in HOA fees ?? - Im very interested in this property but the fees are a serious issue ! Is there any options to reduce this ??? Can
i purchase the land also ??

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3113737717-2241-N-Menzies-Dr-…

Answers

4
Welcome to my world - In south Florida this is common -

In fact on the beach here in Boca Raton - $850 is on the low side -

Most exceed $1000 -

I am sure you can get the disclosure docs indicating exactly where the money goes and what privileges are included.

In Boca Raton we have many Country Clubs that require $50,000 + to join and then over $1000 per month in "social membership" dues... + hoa... + golf , food and beverage ... + + +

Come it's a lifestyle of your dreams!
Web Reference: http://www.garyyoungman.com
Ben Surratt, Manufactured Home Dealer, Helping Hand Equity. How about Boring, OR? Something to consider. I have sold a couple homes there before.
The HOA is $850 because you are renting the space the manufactured home sits on. The purchase price of $55,000 is for the home only. You could purchase and probably move the home to another trailer park. Something to consider . . . since you can pick it up and move it, many lenders won't lend on a trailer because in the event you were to default on your loan, it's hard to repossess if they can't find it.
If you need to finance this purchase you'll have to find a lender willing and my guess is, interest rates me be a little higher.

Hope this helps.
Diane
You have to pay hoa fees and expect them them to go up 5-7% a year. There is a law now about reserves for hoa to cover 25 years so older properties are seeing large hoa fees. You cannot buy the land. If you found a property that you can put a manufactured home expect to pay $75000 for a lot or more. Zoning makes it difficult to find. Good luck to you. Tom inglesby broker